Anyone here a beer advocate?

oh yes, I have tried many of their beers and did not like a single one. I feel like they just brew beer and then dump flavoring in afterwards. Yuck! Some of their beers smell great but tasted like crap to me. If you wander through any homebrew section at a beer store you can find the small bottles of "flavorings" that they definitely use.

I think they are my most despised brewery.

Heres a link. Go buy some bud light, dump a few of these in and relabel it Southern Tier.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/homebrewing-ingredients/beer-additives/fruit-flavorings.html

Lol, no thanks. I have not been disappointed by Southern Tier yet. The 2XIPA and the ESB were pretty good.

@Nix :giggle:
IMG_3150_zpsacd5c6d8.jpg

:barf: Southern Tier.

wat

oh yes, I have tried many of their beers and did not like a single one. I feel like they just brew beer and then dump flavoring in afterwards. Yuck! Some of their beers smell great but tasted like crap to me. If you wander through any homebrew section at a beer store you can find the small bottles of "flavorings" that they definitely use.

I think they are my most despised brewery.

Heres a link. Go buy some bud light, dump a few of these in and relabel it Southern Tier.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/homebrewing-ingredients/beer-additives/fruit-flavorings.html

:rotfl:

What's sad is that I know exactly what you mean. I can definitely see how A LOT of their beers are perceived as you described (Pumking, Creme Brulee, 2XMAS, etc). But their "normal" beers I think are a bit above average. Iniquity Black Ale and Unearthy are both solid. 2XIPA is solid. And stuff like Live and their reg IPA definitely aren't bad either. I don't hold them in my upper echelon of breweries (Bells, Stone, Founders, Green Flash, Lagunitas, Sierra Nevada, etc)...... but I hold them way above stuff like Rogue, Flying Dog, Sam Adams.. and so on.

Even if I truly didn't enjoy Southern Tier, I'd still have to drink them since they're one of the very few breweries we get in WV :giggle:

Came to revamp this thread with this pic of this amazing IPA I'm drinking :eyebrows: One of the best new imperials I've had in a while. Victory has been killing it lately.

20140125_001328_zps6fc22224.jpg

-Sierra Nevada Stout 6-pack
-Sam Adams Boston Lager 12-pack
-Blue Moon 24-pack

Came to revamp this thread with this pic of this amazing IPA I'm drinking :eyebrows: One of the best new imperials I've had in a while. Victory has been killing it lately.

20140125_001328_zps6fc22224.jpg
I was looking for this. No dice.

I was looking for this. No dice.

I believe it was limited in production this year. I called 3 different distributors and all 3 told me they couldn't get it. I go to my normal beer store one day and see about three 4 packs of it sitting there. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Nice.

Im drinking Blue Moon right now after the Stout and it tastes like ****...:giggle:

I can drink Blue Moon... but I don't particularly enjoy it. I think Hoegaarden is vastly superior... and really wish it would just take Blue Moon's place already.

Witbiers >>>>>> American Wheat Beers

Since I drank too much earlier and fell asleep for two hours... I Just stayed in tonight. Just capping off the night with 18ozs of Taddy :beer:

20140201_004825_zps94ec8997.jpg

I may be late here but the local beer in Charlotte called NODA brewery is really good!

I always go to the flying saucer, theres so many beers to choose from!

I may be late here but the local beer in Charlotte called NODA brewery is really good!

I always go to the flying saucer, theres so many beers to choose from!

Never too late for the beer thread.

I have actually never heard of NODA. It looks like their Hop, Drop 'n Roll is a very good IPA. I may have to stop there next time I'm down that way.

Never too late for the beer thread.

I have actually never heard of NODA. It looks like their Hop, Drop 'n Roll is a very good IPA. I may have to stop there next time I'm down that way.

I do have some of the hop drop'nroll in my fridge now hehe
If you stop by Charlotte, make sure you go to the Noda district, it's great! Good bars, good beers. :)

If anyone come across a delicious dark beer or stout I can nab in Canada please quote me in the post!!! I wanna try some new stuff

Anybody have Mack beer? It's apparently the pride of northern Norway 'cause it's made up there. I think I'll try it this evening.

Back