Foo’s 2024 Integra Type S

Haven’t tried. Got other things going in this week including my 40th birthday so I’ll be looking into it early next year.

Feel like you are older ;)

:( but I can still dance

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Thanks guys. Still gotta wait for the birthday later this year. The Teggy was my early birthday present

Gotta call my insurance company. My insurance premiums for the ITS nearly doubled when my policy renewed to outrageous rates. Apparently owners are pretty awful with the car? Clean record, 40 years old, no accidents, no tickets in 7+ years. What's my new policy premium for the ITS?

If you guess a staggering $3400/year - you guessed right. The policy combined for the Tacoma and the Acura was $3100 per year between the two with the Taco taking up $1200 of that and the Acura being $1900 (high value, new car, etc). Now it's $4500 per year with the Tacoma dropping slightly to $1100 and the Integra popping to $3400. I gotta call the insurance and find out why my rates are up 80% from last year with no other changes in coverage.

Buyer beware - insurance premiums might eat you up.

Gotta call my insurance company. My insurance premiums for the ITS nearly doubled when my policy renewed to outrageous rates. Apparently owners are pretty awful with the car? Clean record, 40 years old, no accidents, no tickets in 7+ years. What's my new policy premium for the ITS?

If you guess a staggering $3400/year - you guessed right. The policy combined for the Tacoma and the Acura was $3100 per year between the two with the Taco taking up $1200 of that and the Acura being $1900 (high value, new car, etc). Now it's $4500 per year with the Tacoma dropping slightly to $1100 and the Integra popping to $3400. I gotta call the insurance and find out why my rates are up 80% from last year with no other changes in coverage.

Damn. I thought car insurance was expensive in Canada. Think I'm paying about 2k for two vehicles.

Gotta call my insurance company
Your rates seem insane for your situation. Is your house tied to the same insurance for your car by chance? Usually you can get 15-20% off if you have your home with the same company, but regardless that's nuts. I would totally shop for quotes from other providers to compare, because that's unreal. The fact that you can't be driving 2 cars at the same time should also reduce rates, since it should be a multi car policy.

Seattle Auto Insurance Costs by Insurer​

According to MoneyGeek, the following are the insurance companies that offer the lowest premiums in Seattle:

1. USAA: $655 per year.
  2. GEICO: $809 per year.
  3. PEMCO: $848 per year.
  4. Progressive: $962 per year.
  5. State Farm: $982 per year.
  6. Allstate: $1172 per year.
  7. Allied: $1202 per year.
  8. Travelers: $1267 per year.
  9. American Family: $1479 per year.
  10. Farmers: $1832 per year.
  11. MetLife: $2566 per year.
some other interesting stats and info at car and driver by age, marital status etc

The insurance companies will give you the bs "since the pandemic rates have increased along with parts harder to get and vehicles costing more". yada yada bullshit!

Edit: Also they are giving the "because Kia's and Hyundai's are being stolen more and more rates have gone up because of that." bs as well.
I'm like but I don't have either... they said because the people (kids) that are stealing them are damaging other vehicles in the process (accidents and such). :spazface:

2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan - So 9 years old.... No accidents/no tickets
$2028/year

(Wife) 2017 Subaru Legacy Premium 2.5i - So 7 years old... No accidents/no tickets
$1944/year

She will be 40 this year. I will be 39 this year.

Damn. I thought car insurance was expensive in Canada. Think I'm paying about 2k for two vehicles.
Yeah it's ******* ridiculous. Is that $2k USD or 2k CAD? Because if it's $2k US then it's $2731CAD which is still $1200 cheaper than me for 2 vehicles....

$3,972 for TWO ******* vehicles.

Car insurance is a ******* topic that makes me rage.... I've always been ****** (bent over) since I started driving... Even on my parents granted I was younger but I was driving basically beater cars and the rates were still high.

I get when you are younger you are a liability and they want to charge you more but come on.

I might be wrong about how much I pay. Might be closer to 1400 per vehicle. And yes cad. We pay it yearly instead of monthly.

Car insurance is a ******* topic that makes me rage.... I've always been ****** (bent over) since I started driving... Even on my parents granted I was younger but I was driving basically beater cars and the rates were still high.

I get when you are younger you are a liability and they want to charge you more but come on.

200w.gif

Back