11thcivic - 2022 Honda Civic Unveiling April 28th 2021

For those not familiar, CARB -- the California Air Resources Board -- runs the show here in CA, which is Honda's biggest market. As SG's Mark has pointed out repeatedly, engine development is being driven by the regulatory environment; simple as that. Because we all know what horribly polluting cars Honda makes.

He’s ready to sell his for 55k and buy a new one for 40k

I know it's a little stupid but the dual exhaust is killing me on this car. Why would they do that??

I liked the middle exhaust. Two pipes looked good. HDMI was ugly. Dual on the sides makes no sense with a 4 cylinder.

So boosting the crap out it gets you just 20hp? Top speed over 160 (on a dynopack) might be a different story:

Just not sure the internals were built to withstand that much pressure... and if someone lifts the redline to 7,000 we could many engines with additional crankcase ventilation.
View: https://youtu.be/6M_tN6RxbaY?t=95

Last edited:
Saw him in the guy with the new black Si's video.

:rotfl: @ the V8 noise in the background on one of the pulls :giggle:
That's Doug, Mr. Hondata himself, maker of FlashPro. But what's up with the V8?

Strange... i know Honda will sell a ton of the new Si, and they should. But i'm actually more excited about the R than ever, in part b/c of the K20... an engine i trust more than the 1.5.

Back