11thcivic - 2022 Honda Civic Unveiling April 28th 2021

I mean.. it would be nice.. they took away the vtec crossover that's so intoxicating with the plastic IM on our gen Si and now with a new turbo engine in the 10th and 11th gen Si's they take away half a liter and we still can't break 200hp

The new Si is still powered by a 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder. The revised engine makes 192 pound-feet of torque and 200 peak horsepower. Interestingly, that's down 5 hp from the last generation's 205 ponies. Honda claims the new powerband is now broader overall and now peaks at a higher RPM, which should improve responsiveness, performance and driveability across a wider range.

2889 curb weight to
2952 curb weight on the 2022 model

63 lbs heavier

I'm still a little confused on where the Integra will fit with the Si.

They're both almost identical in every way now -- except MSRP :(
The US version will not look the same as the Si. It’s like the Civic vs ILX of previous years. Essentially same in the guts but dressed up differently.

Big concert? I've been to 1. It was Journey at Hershey Park stadium

I've been to a "concert" (show) for Ghost. They played somewhere down in Baltimore and I went with a coworker
Good taste in music! Wifely likes them too, along with Sade, James Taylor, Jim Croce, etc. I like it a bit harder, bands like Zepplin, AC/DC or at least Boston, tho I have yet to see a band perform as well in concert as the studio. If you want aural perfection in a concert setting, go see Beethoven or Mozart.

I'm still a little confused on where the Integra will fit with the Si.

They're both almost identical in every way now -- except MSRP :(
Possible the Integra gets the 2.0 and 220HP. Offering the Si with the watered down 1.5 allows Honda to separate the two brands.

I mean 5 horses is negligible; It looks nice to me.
Agree, 5 ponies is nothing. It's more the principle: others are offering more while Honda offers less.

What really kills me is the redline, down 700 from my 9th gen which i increased to 7500 with Flash Pro. It's not that there's any extra power past 6800/7000 anyway, there's not. It's more so we don't hit fuel cut off in the midst a 4th gear triple-digit onramp, which, if you didn't know, is one of life's most important experiences!

:hitit:

It really is, I have a nice long on-ramp that goes over crest with at least a semi or two to outrun most mornings

Agree, 5 ponies is nothing. It's more the principle: others are offering more while Honda offers less.

What really kills me is the redline, down 700 from my 9th gen which i increased to 7500 with Flash Pro. It's not that there's any extra power past 6800/7000 anyway, there's not. It's more so we don't hit fuel cut off in the midst a 4th gear triple-digit onramp, which, if you didn't know, is one of life's most important experiences!

Triple Digit? That's illegal!

I might or might not have seen 115mph or kph this past weekend on the highway in Mexico. Frigging jack hole wouldn’t budge out of the fast lane while going 70ish(speed limit). So I move to the middle lane to pass and he speeds up to catch up to the car ahead. Did that twice.

I saw an opening and dropped to 4th and ended up in the far right lane for a little bit then quickly lost that jack hole.

Technically it is now against the law to be in the left lane while not passing a vehicle in NC, but who the hell os gonna pull someone over for that.

Reactions: Dad
I might or might not have seen 115mph or kph this past weekend on the highway in Mexico. Frigging jack hole wouldn’t budge out of the fast lane while going 70ish(speed limit). So I move to the middle lane to pass and he speeds up to catch up to the car ahead. Did that twice.

I saw an opening and dropped to 4th and ended up in the far right lane for a little bit then quickly lost that jack hole.

Technically it is now against the law to be in the left lane while not passing a vehicle in NC, but who the hell os gonna pull someone over for that.

That was YOU? :eek::eek:

Don't get me wrong, I love Hondas-- but I can't ignore what we're getting versus the other Japanese brands right now.

I dunno-- it just feels like we didn't actually get anything new.
You got a diluted Jetta.

Back