17" light weight wheels !

So what tires did you get that were so light? Most of the ones Ive seen are in the low 20lb range. Size? out of curiosity.

i need new tires since my side walls on my falken 912s decided to split on the inner side walls after 3k...feels like bubbles coming out too,,,,non warranted issue too :/ according to falken I hit something

yeah, another member weighed the SI wheels on his bathroom scale -

"23.5 pounds without tires according to digital bathroom scale"

While we are on the topic of light weight wheels, anyone have any other recommendations for lightweight affordable wheels such as the enkei rpf1s?

Also, if you go to tirerack and put your car info in, do a search for compatible wheels. It will have an option on the left hand side to pick wheels that are various weights. That's another tool you can use to see what certain brands or designs weigh.

While we are on the topic of light weight wheels, anyone have any other recommendations for lightweight affordable wheels such as the enkei rpf1s?
konig daylite at discount tire 17x7 +40 14lbs cheap

Motegi Tracklight 2.0 are light as well. Their 17x8 is 14.5lbs.

Last edited:
you need to understand the process of the wheel..

lightweight cast wheel if not manufacturer properly, it's very dangerous to use on the road especially 9th gen civic is pretty heavy

enkei cast wheels are dura flow mat process (Most Advanced Technology)

kosei cast wheels are s.f. process (super forming)

ssr cast wheels are ssf process (semi solid forging)

these are all patent casting process that is all made in japan... and as far as i know, no one outside of japan can produce cast wheel this lightweight without sacrificing safety..

The Tracklite 2.0 is 6 spoke and a bit lighter than the one. But not as light as your joustmeisters. Lol.

trak lite.jpg
thanks...

the current track lite version is ideal for heavier cars like 350/370z or accord that's looking for lightweight 18"

Last edited:
looks like general tires by the tread..idk size

The SSR type-C is 15.6lbs for a 17x7.5 +33. Not bad.
ssrtypecgunmetal.jpg

Back