1st Gear Clutch Noise

blackbeauty

Hey guys, ive had my 2012 civic si sedan for a year and half. the past 6-8 months ive noticed my clutch making a weird grinding noise. its similar to that of dragging a table across the floor. ive been driving stick my whole life so i know its not shitty shifting. it happens about 80% of the time. it only happens when i go from a dead stop and start accelerating. once the car build momentum it goes away. it only happens in 1st and between 1500-2000rpm. If i start from 2nd, i dont get the noise. Ive taken it to honda a few times already and they keep saying they cant find anything. Mostly because they dont know what to look for (because i cant seem to replicate it).

has anyone else experienced this?
any and all help would be extremely appreciated.

If you can replicate it 80% of the time, how about taking one of the techs at honda for a drive so you can show them what it sounds like?

Already did that. I was just barely able to make it happen. Im gonna take it back soon and stay till I know they've heard it and will do something about it. Now that I know more ppl have been experiencing the same thing.

This has been happening to my friend's 2012 Si. I'll ask him if he had it looked at or figured out what it was, I wasn't able to figure it out without looking at it.

Ive been dealing with sisley honda because its closer to my house but I got my car from number 7 honda. I think im gonna take my car back to number 7 though. Why do you ask?

Back