2012 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon I - Chat, Pics and Videos thread

GUESS WHAT THIS MEANS AND YOU WIN A MOTHER ******* PRIZE!!!!!!!!!

D3010D3A-5C48-4FDE-8211-3DB21A4A957B-1215-00000064D760216F.jpg

I'll give you a hint: that is my muffler

Yup. 37,745 miles and I get rewarded with a blown head gasket. But hey, at least I got new brakes!

Mike's friend is the one that was doing my brakes. He said it should be covered under warranty, they just have to run my VIN and make sure the car hasn't been in any major accidents. Car is still driveable. It's losing coolant very slow. I got 2 gallons of coolant so whatever driving I do I'm prepared. Just gonna watch my temps and check the coolant when I stop driving. Sam said it will be okay

Well the car has never overheated. Sam thinks it's probably just a manufacturing default, but then again the 8th gen temp/fuel gauge aren't that accurate

I'm probably going to look into New Jersey Motorsport Park.

$300 for a day of instruction.

If you do it with a club that I mentioned you will get a "driving instructor" through the club. Unless you can find a club who will let you bring along your own coach like Eric..
Usually once you get to a "solo" level with the club, you can have pros come along. There's usually a big difference between someone like Eric and someone who just passed an instructor "school" and has never raced.

I'd love to get to meet him some time. *hint hint* (at a track).

:confuzzled: are HG failures common on K20s??? Your car should have a Subaru badge on it if your HG is failing.

This was the first thing to make me laugh since I saw the white smoke. I haven't seen anyone complaining of a blown head gasket with this low mileage

I went out for a datalog session. No error codes saying that I'm running lean, engine coolant temps stayed between 180 and 190. I don't think that is hot enough to cause the head to warp, but then again it is aluminum and it probably got hotter than 190 at the dragon. Only knocks were on cylinder 2 which is where false knocks occur. Also, no smoke this time out so that made me a little happier

Still, I don't know what to do. If Honda says they'll warranty it I guess I'll just let them do what they do and see what Sam says

Back