2012 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon I - Chat, Pics and Videos thread

I also have a friend with a fit/jazz and just with a small drop dat car can handle better than an si because the si wheelbase is wider than a fit and a fit with a slight drop and great tires can go around corners tighter and faster because its smaller wheel base wise and wieghs less like a freakin go cart lol

im not tryin to start anything and ill take ur word for it bro its just dat ive driven an 8th and the stock suspension on a 9th is much softer and the which they made a big mistake on cause i dont wanna drive a cadi i wanna drive an si dats why every 1 is changing suspension so quick on the 9th gen because it sucks ...it rolls out too easy and dat mixed with medioker tires is a disaster when u wanna drive agressive ...straight line is fine but if u wanna take corners EH !

my boy with his 8th didnt change out his stock suspension for 2 years because it handled fine by him he was happy with it then i drove it and i was impressed but i notice a huge difference in ride when i drive his then i got into mine and my 9th seem too spongy to me it also sits higher than an 8th

All in all every1 its all about personal reference and im just giving my feed bak dats all

All in all every1 its all about personal reference and im just giving my feed bak dats all

I was just making a point. I haven't driven a 9th gen so obviously I can't comment on that. All my experience is with 8th gens and miatas so I was kind of spoiled as far as stock suspension goes. I was just saying that not all stock suspensions are bad

After all, I switched to hfp suspension and I was still slower with Nitto neogens compared to my friend in his stock SI with star specs

All is well

hfp gives about 1 1/2 inch drop which i bet made it handle even better
my friends 8th had stock no hfp on toyo proxxes and i was like wow so i could imagine how the hfp does on it :thumbsup:

dats all i want hfp or a nice set of springs to drop me 1 1/2 - maybe 2 but 1 1/2 is good because alot of people dont realize about spring settle so if u get a 2 inch drop it will settle lower than dat where toe camber comes in then u gotta spend more $ on corrections and i dont wanna go dat route unless i do $1500 coil setup which i dont wanna do yet unless i supercharge it which im planning later on down the road
its just depends wat u have plnned for the car dats all it comes down too

I waited a while after I got HFP to get an alignment. When I got my Neogens, I also got it aligned and it wasn't too far off from recommended specs. I imagine anything lower than HFP would need an alignment after the springs were settled

And it definitely is a great suspension. For daily driving I wouldn't want anything else. Still soft enough that going over bumps on the highway doesn't break my back but stiff enough that I can enjoy clover-leaf on ramps and tight corners. HFP suspension + Progress rear sway bar + Neogens has been an awesome setup

A lower center of gravity makes a huge difference on a car and how u drive it
ask kenny with his vett is a good example his car sit like 3 inches off the ground stock u can sit on the car an it wont even budge ! so his center of gravity is unbeleivable when it comes to handling which means he can go into turns faster and harder than others could because theres virtually no body roll like its on rails then with the braking power and good tires its like ur in a rocket with a stereo in it LMAO !
ive driven a Zo6 and it was unbeleivable to be doing 100 on 2nd gear lol :D

Where do you live?
I don't know where he lives, but by now, I have a very vivid mental picture to share:

Donkey-Car-1741.jpg

A vette on the dragon is a handful. Ken had all of the computer help on and all he needed to do just tap the gas in the corner and the back end wanted to come loose... He was the car with its strengths, come into the corner fast then get on the brakes hard and roll thru the corner and then get back on the gas....

well yeah with all dat hp and tight turns i could imagine

too many turns to really open it up and give it its true potential

all dat caffine and no food will do the trick bro ........or maybe from me yappin my a$$ off all morning LMAO ! :rotfl:

Back