2012 Civic Coupe EX Build

After looking around there is not much out there that interests me at the moment. I will keep an eye out, but ultimately I think financing a new vehicle would be best and without the unknown.

Question @webby I know there was a thread showing a sedan front bumper on a coupe and vice versa, but I wanted to know if a 2013 SI sedan Front end would fit on my 2012 Coupe. I also wanted to know if a 2013 sedan SI rear end would fit on my car. I feel like the rear may not match up. I’ve been reading, but from what I’ve seen I would need the trunk, lights and rear bumper.

Is this all accurate? Thanks for the help as always.

Last edited:
The 13 sedan will bolt/clip to the 12 coupe, but it’s not 100%. A few have commented that it’s not perfect around the headlight area, but it’s very close. You’d also need the upper grill and fog lights from the si. The rear bumpers are not swappable.

Thanks for the information Webby! Do you by chance know where I can find an image or thread where someone has attempted the swap and maybe showed a photo of the gap and other issues? It’s a bummer the rear is not swappable, they look great.

HP7nVll.jpg

"the 2013 coupe front end on a 2014 sedan with the hfp kit."

I wouldn't say it's an exact fit. It's about 85 to 90 percent. The bumper fits but its not a 100 percent match so there were gaps around the headlight area. (I was using an OEM si bumper) Plus, a lot of the plastic under trim along with the plastic engine cover that goes above the hood latch does not match. What this meant for me was the bumper was held on with just the side tabs and some zip ties that I placed where ever I could. It held on fine for over a year but if you ever get into any head on collision, its going to come flying off pretty easily. I spoke with some people people on IG and they also had the same experience.

Hey everyone. Hope you have all been well.

I'm in the process of installing the Hella Horn Super Tones right now and I noticed I only have the horn above the radiator. I was looking through other posts and info Webby posted about it being behind the fog light on the driver side, but I don't have a horn there. I only have the one. I see the plug for the horn and I tapped into the one wire closest to the plug, but is it only one wire is there a second one in the loom? I haven't peeled it back to look yet. I tapped into that wire and ran it to 85 on the relay, but I'm not sure if just one will be fine. Thanks for any help. I bought some thin metal sticks/rods to make a bracket out of to try and get them placed behind the grill. Thanks for any help.

I used this as reference: 4 Pin Horn Relay

I will likely change the location of the horns later, but I have already loomed the wire and ran it.

78910F9E-7265-41CB-AD3C-6405E51659A6.jpeg

I’ll probably do a video just showing the process and what items you need and how many of what. I’ll also just write it out for those familiar and don’t need the visuals.

The horns are incredibly high pitched and loud, but I like them. A lot of people don’t, but I prefer to be heard on the freeway and the stock horn wasn’t cutting it. My 2012 Civic EX only has “one” plug and that’s above the radiator. It was hard to find a write up for our cars, but I think mine came out well.

Last edited:
Hella Horns FTW! :woot: I had them on my '07 WRX. Tons of Subaru's had them.

Also <3 (I see the heart in the window)

cant wait for the video. was going to try to do the accord horn replacement but like you, my car only has one horn so looking for something louder and not just a deeper tone.

Yeah I got you man, I’ll try and get it put out in a week. These horns I can say are loud and do just as I need them to.

I just got these visors today and I’m thrilled with the results. Been wanting this for so long. Ignore my dirty car, it’s just been getting worked. I also got a custom social media sticker coming and I’m happy with how it came out. Very unique.

BE1CCDC5-C5D1-4491-AD2D-CB8BBEF19130.jpeg08072FAA-9493-4D11-B1A7-54510E054CB1.png

I swapped my seats with the 12/13 SI counterpart and the SRS light has been on ever since. Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the airbag light?

I swapped my seats with the 12/13 SI counterpart and the SRS light has been on ever since. Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the airbag light?
You may need to have the dealer reset them (if they can). This came up before. There is supposedly a difference between various model years.

Back