2012+ Civic Intake List With Product Info & Links

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
K&N Drop In Filter: SI Model: K&N 33-2473
List Price: $ 69.00
33_2473.jpg

K&N's replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. We make over 1,200 different replacement air filters for virtually every vehicle on the road. These filters are washable and reusable and are custom designed to fit into your existing factory air box. Their drop-in design means adding performance is simple. With most vehicles you simply remove the disposable air filter and replace it with a K&N. See applicable instruction sheet for details. Our stock replacement air filters for street vehicles are covered by our famous K&N Million-Mile Limited Warranty™ and will be THE LAST AIR FILTER YOUR VEHICLE WILL EVER NEED

info/comments/reviews
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/anyone-tried-the-k-n-drop-in-filter.3778/

===============================

K&N Drop In Filter: Non-SI: K&N 33-2473
List Price: $60.00
33_2468.jpg

K&N's replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. We make over 1,200 different replacement air filters for virtually every vehicle on the road. These filters are washable and reusable and are custom designed to fit into your existing factory air box. Their drop-in design means adding performance is simple. With most vehicles you simply remove the disposable air filter and replace it with a K&N. See applicable instruction sheet for details. Our stock replacement air filters for street vehicles are covered by our famous K&N Million-Mile Limited Warranty™ and will be THE LAST AIR FILTER YOUR VEHICLE WILL EVER NEED.

K&N Short Ram Intake - K&N 69-1019TS
List Price: $ 499.00

69_1019TS.jpg

kn.jpg

Built for performance and show, the Typhoon® Air Intake System is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to fit many sport compact performance vehicles. Each kit is proven on a rear-wheel dynamometer to increase horsepower and torque. Typhoon intakes come in one of three designs; cold air intakes (CA), short ram intakes (SR), or complete cold air (CCA) intakes which can be configured as either a cold air intake or a short ram intake. They come with an oversized High-Flow conical air filter designed to provide increased surface area and dust capacity. This extra surface area provides even more airflow at lower restriction than a standard K&N O/E replacement filter that is limited to the size of the factory air box. The oversize air filter also captures more dirt increasing the service life before a cleaning is required (up to 100,000 miles). Some Typhoon Air Intakes are not legal for use in California and other states adopting California emission standards while others are CARB exempt and 50 state legal. Check the K&N catalog or website vehicle parts search for specific CARB status.

info/comments/reviews can be found throughout this thread -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/new-k-n-sri.4843/

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/k-n-typhoon-is-great-addition.5582/

Installation info from K&N - attached here
http://9thcivic.com/forum/attachments/69-1019_inst-pdf.8598/

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19k2ox2Hwm0

Injen Intake: SP1579P

List Price: $470.00

injen_new_sp1579_001.sized.jpg

injen.png

2012 Civic SI 4Cyl. 2.4L Tuned short ram air intake system with MR Tech., Air Fusion and Web nano-fiber dry filter

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w3kwTh29bc

info/reviews/comments
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/injen-intakes-2012-civic-si-update-email-dyno.4149/

videos
http://9thcivic.com/forum/media/keyword/injen/

Injen Intake - Non-Si Models : SP1571P
List Price $445.00
SP1571_flaoting.sized.jpg

SP1571_install.sized.jpg

2012 Civic 1.8L 4 cyl. 2012 Civic (9th Gen Tuned air intake with MR Tech & Air Fusion and nano-fiber dry filter

Takeda AFE Intake: TM-1018P-R
List Price $418.80
TM_1018P_R_400.jpg

xcsjtg.sized.jpg

The all new Takeda Momentum Sealed Intake System produces up to 20HP and 18lbs. x ft. of torque over stock, while outflowing the factory intake by 42%. Unlike other Takeda intakes, this system uses a PRO 5R progressive mesh five layer filter for maximum airflow and convenience. This system uses a unique rotomolded sealed air box designed to increase airflow using the factory ram air scoop for maximum torque in all weather situations. Takeda intakes come complete with all necessary hardware.

Installation PDF -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/attachments/afe-pdf.10209/

pd.jpg

Advanced Racing Technology ART: ARTCSI24CAI
List Price: $239.99

art.jpg

art2.jpg

Every kit includes a never-oil air filter, and a hard intake pipe with a pre-welded CNC-cut flange for installing the factory mass airflow sensor. Once installed, your Civic Si will be even more enjoyable to drive. As with all our intake kits, you don't need to worry about "hydrolock", as you would with other intake kits. If you have any questions or special requests, please do not hesitate to contact us.
DYNO PROVEN: 15HP/8TQ GAINS OVER STOCK AIR BOX

@jnastii has this intake

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihi-p9dSI0k

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgjQjYRAgGg

Advanced Racing Technology ART: NON-SI Models: ARTC18CAI
List Price: $239.99

art3.jpg

art4.jpg

Every kit includes a never-oil air filter, and a hard intake pipe with a pre-welded CNC-cut flange for installing the factory mass airflow sensor. Once installed, your Civic will be even more enjoyable to drive. As with all our intake kits, you don't need to worry about "hydrolock", as you would with other intake kits. If you have any questions or special requests, please do not hesitate to contact us.
DYNO PROVEN: 6-8HP GAINS OVER STOCK AIR BOX

Greddy Intake: 12559101
List price: $350.00

12559101_12Si_A_copy.jpg

12559101_12Si_b_copy.jpg

FG4 (K24) 2.4L - Momentum Series GReddy Air Intake System with sealed molded air-box with factory air scoop integration. Rounded-nose, dry element, cone filter and polished Aluminum intake piping with MAF attachment point

Greddy Installation PDF -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/attachments/greddy-pdf.10210/

Custom 3.5" Intake (Specifically For RBC Users)
List Price: Intake $365
List Price: Battery Tray $130

custom 3.5inch intake for our cars along with the battery tray for proper fitment. This is for RBC users & requires Hondata Flashpro

rbc.sized.jpg

Contact randy at rstech for more info

http://rstech-racing.com/

AEM Cold Air Intake 2012+ Civic Si
MSRP: $325
Part# 21-716C

also available in polished -
Part# 21-716P
List Price: $375

AEM_21_716C.jpg

AEM_21_716C_Eng.sized.jpg

AEM Intake Systems are designed to produce massive horsepower and torque gains as well as better engine sound when used as a replacement for the factory airbox and air filter. AEM intake systems are designed, tuned, and dyno-tested to fit specific cars and trucks. These kits usually include an oversized AEM Dryflow synthetic washable air filter for outstanding air flow, filtration, and performance while allowing easy oil-free cleaning

aem.png

Installation vid
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2...th-product-info-links.6472/page-5#post-226341
Product Page
http://www.aemintakes.com/store/product.aspx?prod=21-716c
AEM Installation PDF -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/attachments/aem-install-pdf.15823/

AEM Cold Air Intake - 2012+ Non-Si
MSRP: $319.20
21-714C - gray
21-714P - polished

AEM_21_714C.sized.jpg

AEM Intake Systems are designed to produce massive horsepower and torque gains as well as better engine sound when used as a replacement for the factory airbox and air filter. AEM intake systems are designed, tuned, and dyno-tested to fit specific cars and trucks. These kits usually include an oversized AEM Dryflow synthetic washable air filter for outstanding air flow, filtration, and performance while allowing easy oil-free cleaning.

aem18.png

Installation
http://9thcivic.com/forum/attachments/aem-r18-pdf.16897/

Takeda Retain Short Ram Intake - 2012+ Non-Si
MSRP: $274.80
Jd7kJ9o.sized.jpg

afe.png

This all new Takeda Retain Sealed Intake System produced 6hp and 7lbs. x ft. torque and outflowed the factory intake by 17%. This sealed design was opted over a traditional cold air intake, due to the fact that there is no fresh air running behind the front bumper. This system uses a PRO 5R progressive weave filter for maximum airflow and increased performance. This unique design uses a one piece rotomolded air intake tube/housing that snaps onto the factory lower air box for a quick hassle free installation. The lower air box retains your factory ram air scoop to keep cool air flowing for maximum power gains.

Product page:
http://afepower.com/shop/details_ne...model=Civic&year=2012&engine=1.8L&&brandID=78

Attachments

• 69-1019_inst.pdf
    695.6 KB · Views: 195
  • AFE.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 214
  • Greddy.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 124
  • aem-install.pdf
    818.3 KB · Views: 43
  • aem-r18.pdf
    741.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
  • Staff
PRL Motorsports 2012+ SI With Or Without Battery Relocation (Requires RBC)
MSRP: $249 & $349 with battery relocation

35_G.png

351_G.png

PRL Motorsports Cold Air Intake for 2012 Civic SI for RBC intake manifold users.
After many requests, PRL Motorsports is proud to bring you this Cold Air Intake system that is designed to work with our RBC intake manifold adapter on the 2012 Civic SI. This intake system is made in house from 3.5″ mandrel bent 6061 tubing and utitilizes a blox racing 3.5″ velocity stack with high flow filter. The couplers are 4 ply silicone and use the correct size reducer for either the stock throttle body or the ZDX throttle body. Also included in this kit is a 1.25″ aluminum elbow that installs into the stock upper radiator hose to relocate it further down and underneath the intake to allow for better clearance and move some heat away from the intake.

installation info

================================

PRL Motorsports 2012+ SI Short Ram Intake (Requires RBC)
MSRP: $189.99

prl2012_1.sized.jpg

prl2012_2.sized.jpg

PRL Motorsports Short Ram Intake for 2012 Civic SI for RBC intake manifold users.

After many requests, PRL Motorsports is proud to bring you this short ram intake system that is designed to work with our RBC intake manifold adapter on the 2012 Civic SI. This intake system is made in house from 3.5″ mandrel bent 6061 tubing and utitilizes a blox racing 3.5″ velocity stack with high flow filter. The couplers are 4 ply silicone and use the correct size reducer for either the stock throttle body or the ZDX throttle body. Also included in this kit is a 1.25″ aluminum elbow that installs into the stock upper radiator hose to relocate it further down and underneath the intake to allow for better clearance and move some heat away from the intake.

install notes

Rick Spec'd Version 2 Intake 2012+ SI
MSRP: $369.99

8a8064af_dfaf_4538_b1dd_1ab8056596b6_800.jpg

Fits only Si models. Makes 14+HP on Average. Works best with Skunk2 Alpha Header and Exhaust System. Includes Intake System, Battery Relocation kit and all needed hardware for 110% bolt on installation. The Import DPS “Rick Spec’d” Intake Systems are dyno proven Cold and Short Ram Intake systems built for the 2006-2011 Honda Civic Si. These Systems were tested on a variety of vehicles on the Import DPS Dynojet 224×2 as well as other dynos used by other tuners. All of these systems come with quality components and are all made in our facility. From a Supercharged Setup to your bolt on vehicle these intake systems make a powerband that is unmatched by other companies out.

Last edited:
  • Staff
K-tuned 2012+ Civic Si Short Ram
MSRP: $189.99

3" or 3.5" pipe size
Flashpro or KTuner is REQUIRED
* Does NOT fit R18 Engines

ktsr.jpg

K-Tuned has put together the most diverse and customizable 8th Gen Civic Si Intake Kit on the market. Our kits will allow you to build an intake system that will perfectly match your setup. They are available in both Short Ram or Cold Air configurations and can easily be switched between the two. Start by selecting the proper throttle body velocity coupler to match the TB you are using. The velocity coupler provides a perfect transition from the piping to throttle body unlike standard silicone couplers. We have applications for the Stock Throttle Body, J35 Throttle Body and the ZDX Throttle Body. Next, you'll select the primary intake pipe size (This is the first pipe that will connect to your throttle body coupler and will also have the MAF located on it) this again, is available in 3" and 3.5" sizes. Flashpro is required and you'll have to switch over to a MAP based tune if you are using the 3.5" pipe. If you want to go with Short Ram, you can use either a regular filter or our V-Stack option. If you are going with the longer Cold Air Intake, you can again use our regular filter or V-Stack and Filter. Note that the V-Stack on the Cold Air Intake will not fit with fog lights. Unfortunately, there is not enough clearance behind the bumper.

All the necessary hardware and clamps are included.

===============

K-Tuned 2012+ Civic Si RBC Cold Air Intake
MSRP: $339.99

sOQdKQy.jpg

Application:
  • 12-15 Civic Si with RBC Intake Manifold
Note:
* Flashpro or KTuner is REQUIRED
* Must use after market Clutch Line to avoid contact with battery tray.
* Does NOT fit stock intake manifold
* OEM ECU (No flashpro) do not connect VC to intake pipe. Small filter provided for valve cover vent.
* Flashpro is required and you'll have to switch over to a MAP based tune if your choosing the 3.5" pipe option
* Battery Tie Down is not included

K-Tuned has put together the most diverse and customizable 9th Gen Civic Si Intake Kit on the market.

K-Tuned kits will allow you to build an intake system that will perfectly match your setup. They are available in both Short Ram or Cold Air configurations and can easily be switched between the two. Start by selecting the proper throttle body velocity coupler to match the TB you are using. The velocity coupler provides a perfect transition from the piping to throttle body unlike standard silicone couplers. There are applications for the stock throttle body, J35 throttle body upgrade, and the ZDX throttle body upgrade. Next, you'll select the primary intake pipe size (This is the first pipe that will connect to your throttle body coupler and will also have the MAF located on it) this again, is available in 3" and 3.5" sizes.

Both the Short Ram and Cold Air Intakes come with a K-Tuned K24 Upper Radiator Hose. This will move the upper hose downward and provide the space needed to install the new intake. We have also designed a special battery tray to move the battery down to the frame rail and make even more room. All the necessary hardware and clamps are included.

Last edited:
Awesome post webby! Sure to answer a lot of questions. I myself, after alot of flip flopping, have finally decided to go with the GReddy!

I can see the Takeda/Greddy to be the best performing intakes for the 2012-2013 Si's (especially with the deleted resonator). The Injen intake for the R18 looks like an anaconda. :giggle:

I'm also assuming that the 3.5" intakes will be coming real soon for this gen Si.

Skunk2, Hybrid Racing, and Import DPS will be battling at it again.

I plan to get the skunk2 when it's avail and sell my k&n Sri. I'm really hoping the skunk is the hard polymer one from the 8th gen

I plan to get the skunk2 when it's avail and sell my k&n Sri. I'm really hoping the skunk is the hard polymer one from the 8th gen

I hope it's the Polymer kind as well. I'm holding off on most hard parts until skunk starts releasing stuff

What's the difference between the Takeda and Greddy? They look exactly the same. Also, what are the inner diameters of them? The only one with any diameter listed is the 3.5" from 4130. Am I to assume, then, that all the others are smaller than 3.5"?

What's the difference between the Takeda and Greddy? They look exactly the same. Also, what are the inner diameters of them? The only one with any diameter listed is the 3.5" from 4130. Am I to assume, then, that all the others are smaller than 3.5"?
There's no difference between the aFe Takeda or the Greddy except the name. They are both Momentum intakes. I think they both use 3" O.D. piping. The other intakes, compared to the 4130, can be used for cars with the stock ECUs or flashpro. While the 4130 3.5" is used solely and intended for cars with Flashpro.

Last edited:
That's cool. I just needed to know the diameter. I'm looking at possibly doing the PRL RBC/ZDX setup, but I don't like the way that 4130 intake looks at all, regardless of how well it functions. The Takeda and Greddy units look as if they'd blend into the engine bay the best and let's face it, aesthetics is almost equally as important as function (at least to me it is). I want BOTH function and form. I'm kinda thinking a Greddy intake box with the Airaid UBI 3.5" kit may do the trick.

I realize this could be considered somewhat off topic, but I thought it might help some people who are thinking of trying the same throttle body/intake manifold setup and weren't a huge fan of having a random looking PVC pipe in their engine bay.

I had something similar to the 4130 intake which was the Rick Spec'd cai for the 8thgens.
IMG_7243.jpg

I loved the look of it, but I wished that Takeda/Greddy made something like the intakes that the 9thgens have. Takeda is now in the process of making the same 'Momentum' intakes for the 8thgens though. :woot:

^THAT doesn't look bad at all. However, I'm just not too wild about relocating the battery. If it were possible to keep the stock intake box I'd do it, but I know it's not going to flow as well as the Greddy box.

That's the only downside. Lol. It would be great if Takeda/Greddy made 3.5" options for their Momentum intakes.

There's no difference between the aFe Takeda or the Greddy except the name. They are both Momentum intakes. I think they both use 3" O.D. piping. The other intakes, compared to the 4130, can be used for cars with the stock ECUs or flashpro. While the 4130 3.5" is used solely and intended for cars with Flashpro.
Do all 3.5" intakes require flashpro or that just the case with the 4130? On that note i heard Skunk2 is close to releasing their 3.5".

The MAF sensor won't get accurate readings when the MAF housing tube diameter is greater than 3" causing the engine to stall. So yes, you'll need Flashpro for all 3.5" intakes (or if the MAF housing is greater than 3").

Last edited:
Back