2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

2012 Ex-l automatic
22 mpg
Doesn't sound right but I drive about 90% city and 10% hwy. I am a very aggressive driver.
I have about 9.7k miles and at 10k I will have to rotate the tires because I forgot to rotate them. :pat:

So even with me driving as harsh as I do, do you guys think its possible to get 22 because im starting to think a sensor or something is off. Is there a possibility that there could be something wrong with my car or is it 100% me? :scratches:

Also, is there a tune for my car where I could lean towards mpg or/and switch between more power>mpg? Again, I do not have a si. :hmmm?:

2012 Ex-l automatic
22 mpg
Doesn't sound right but I drive about 90% city and 10% hwy. I am a very aggressive driver.
I have about 9.7k miles and at 10k I will have to rotate the tires because I forgot to rotate them. :pat:

So even with me driving as harsh as I do, do you guys think its possible to get 22 because im starting to think a sensor or something is off. Is there a possibility that there could be something wrong with my car or is it 100% me? :scratches:

Also, is there a tune for my car where I could lean towards mpg or/and switch between more power>mpg? Again, I do not have a si. :hmmm?:
I know they make a flash pro for the r-18 and most cars come from the manufacturer not running at optimal levels. With my si my MPG jumped up 4-5 gallons when I loaded there base map that came with the flash pro. I drive very agressivly as well. I can't speak for sure but I would think the same would be true. I would ask VitViper, he could answer better than anyone.

2012 Si sedan- at 5k miles I was averaging 31 but now at 13k I'm consistently 33-34 in the same driving habits.

I also have an Injen CAI but it doesnt seem to have affected mileage.

Hey guys so i figured out how to make my fuel efficiency better :)
aDMLcx0.jpg

MY SECRET: just install razorblade wheels and drive downhill like a bawsss

I average about 28 mpg with mostly city driving and some rural. That tends to include a lot of punching it from stop signs and stoplights, too. Worst I have ever had was 24 mpg. Keep in mind that this is iMid based, which could be off when comparing to calculating manually.

im doing 28 on the dot and im not complaining i think thats pretty good for mostly street and an acasional highway jump to the city once in a while

Last edited:
40 is insane tho i think hes pushing the car to work lol

I can hit 32/33 in town and some rural if I am taking it easy. I would imagine mostly highway driving at around 55ish would make hitting 40 feasible.

im not on the highway for that long to hit those numbers lol ...15min the most not much to make a dif .

I can get 40 on road trips, just coasting at 75 and the mpg will be about 42.
in my daily city driving, I get about 28.
if it was a long day at work and I want to take it out on the road (safely of course) 18 mpg lol

Last edited:
Back