DIY 2012 Civic Si Ambient Lights (Red/Si)

Just for reference (and correct me if I'm wrong), the picture above shows the cover with a hole approximately 8-10mm in size, which is much larger than the one I created and will likely produce a lot more light.
Fantastic tutorial. Wish I had this when I did mine. Great work!

Unfortunately the lens also serves as the mount, so you can't really remove it. The best you can do is drill a hole in the center to allow more light through.
That said, I almost want to waste money on a blue ambient kit just so I can try on the semi-clear lenses on my red kit and gauge the results.

So I pulled the trigger and bought the blue ambient kit solely to get my hands on the clear lenses. I installed them on the red ambient kit and here are the results.

015a.jpg
024a.jpg
lights.jpeg

As you can see, the clear lenses don't really make the lighting any brighter, but they do shed much more light over a larger surface area. This is what Honda should have provided and not those crappy blue lenses.

Welp guess since I already got the red bulbs, that I bought from CHH prior to the actual release of the red ambient kit, I'll be buying the blue kit for thems clear lenses..

Approx. how much is the kit? I'm assuming it comes from the factory...
$125 retail. You can order directly from Honda or at any Honda dealership. College Hills Honda sells them for $90 plus shipping.

It's totally useless but it looks cool and gives ya some braggin rights.
That sums up my sentiments right there. Buying the kit just for the clear lenses is obviously not for everyone, but my OCD never rests.

to drill it out i used a step bit i will post pics soon i am installing this sometime this weekend.

Back