DIY 2012 Civic Si Ambient Lights (Red/Si)

If you don't cut the excess plastic it will block the light. I know it's retarded but Honda overlooked that during design.

i have just bought the red illumination kit for my 2013 Si. It only has 2 LED's, but they still have the blue cover over the LED's. Im planning on drilling the cover as specified above to make them brighter. I am hoping I can order the clear lens separately with the exact part number from Honda. The weird thing there is no button for them to turn on and off, but i found out that they turn on and off with my parking lights and headlights. I wish they would have kept the 3rd LED for the center console though. :sadface:

these are my DIY pics that are different from the 2012 year model. This is the 2013 Civic Si coupeIMAG1186.jpgIMAG1188.jpgIMAG1187.jpgIMAG1196.jpg

This looks pretty sweet no lie, I would go with the red since I have the gunmetal metallic color unless you guys think the blue would fit it better? I was wondering if you guys think it would be possible to extend the lights to the doors sort of like how Pauly did it. These posts are from a couple of years ago do you guys also have any updates of information for ambient lights? Last thing, does the button they give you with the kit turn them on and off at will or is it synced with your actual car lights?

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/console-led-lighting.6603/

This looks pretty sweet no lie, I would go with the red since I have the gunmetal metallic color unless you guys think the blue would fit it better? I was wondering if you guys think it would be possible to extend the lights to the doors sort of like how Pauly did it. These posts are from a couple of years ago do you guys also have any updates of information for ambient lights? Last thing, does the button they give you with the kit turn them on and off at will or is it synced with your actual car lights?

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/console-led-lighting.6603/
With respect to (wrt) your last questions - Yes and Yes - OEM kit switch is through the parking/headlight switch which allows you to have them ON or OFF when the lights are on - either through light on/off switch or the Auto option.
We got the Blue light kit - because the Red set was late into the option list (and our dealer didn't know the difference) and it looks great and much brighter in our DBP II Si.

I have a question. I have the red ambient lights but I don't have the one that goes under the audio controls? I got everything done at the dealership. It's for a 2013 coupe? Any help guys?

I have a question. I have the red ambient lights but I don't have the one that goes under the audio controls? I got everything done at the dealership. It's for a 2013 coupe? Any help guys?
you have the coin slot down there. That's why you don't get it. the ambient light under there was only ment for the 2012. 2013+ didn't get it

Back