2012+ R18 FlashPro

I also hear the cars with more power having an issue with traction at launch. A better drive (and stickier tires) will know how to launch better.

Should be easy enough to compare.
Anybody with a tuned R18 been to the track?
What does a stock Si run?

Stock for various trims

2012 Honda Civic Si Sedan --------0-60 mph 6.0 | Quarter mile 14.5
2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe --------0-60 mph 6.4 | Quarter mile 14.7
2012 Honda Civic EX Sedan -------0-60 mph 8.8 | Quarter mile 16.6
2013 Honda Civic Hybrid ----------0-60 mph 9.8 | Quarter mile 17.5
2013 Honda Civic HF Sedan -------0-60 mph 8.5 | Quarter mile 16.4
2014 Honda Civic EX-L -------------0-60 mph 8.8 | Quarter mile 16.6

My 0-60 is about 7.70 - 8.0 secs flat range. I have intake and TBS. Slowwwwwwww.

Last edited:
8th gen civic Si with intake VS 9th gen civic LX manual with intake, tbs, axleback.

View: https://youtu.be/rq7B8Rp7yCA

Same Civic LX manual VS stock ILX 2.4L

View: https://youtu.be/ZKjpcQylYmk

10.53 1/8th mile equates to like a 16.4 quarter mile
10.67 in the 2nd vid 1/8th mile equates to 16.61 quarter mile

according to this conversion -
http://cochise.uia.net/pkelley2/eight-to-quarter.htm

Other sites are showing similar times. That's really bad for a 9th gen. Most people are in the mid to high 14's stock, or low 15's at worst.

Pardon me for not reading back all of this post. But the 2012-15 DOES in fact have flashpro available now yes? And performance gains from running one with no bolts ons?

Could anyone tell me the basic on how to use flashpro on an R18?
Willing to buy one right away
Got Takeda Exhaust, K&N filter and soon P2R Body spacer.

2015 Cvt Civic

https://www.hondata.com/products/flashpro/flashpro-civic-2012-2015-us-1.8?filter=1,6

Buy this. Plug into OBD port. Load base map.

Find tuner: vitviper, e-tunes, perky tuning in TX (recommended for R18s) and so on.

Pay for tune.

Drive car and collect datalogs. Send to tuner. Adjustments made and sent back. Load new calibration and repeat until finished.

EDIT: Notch the gasket for the TBS or you will have a check fuel cap error.

Now for my favorite part... will he come back for the answer......

https://www.hondata.com/products/flashpro/flashpro-civic-2012-2015-us-1.8?filter=1,6

Buy this. Plug into OBD port. Load base map.

Find tuner: vitviper, e-tunes, perky tuning in TX (recommended for R18s) and so on.

Pay for tune.

Drive car and collect datalogs. Send to tuner. Adjustments made and sent back. Load new calibration and repeat until finished.

EDIT: Notch the gasket for the TBS or you will have a check fuel cap error.

Now for my favorite part... will he come back for the answer......

Thanks for the answer Nix, more questions tho :) hehe

Now while driving the car around to get data log does the product(flashpro) need to be plugged in at all times?? how long does it need to data log? 1-2 days? 1 week?
I have read about how to fix the TBS error fuel cap..thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the answer Nix, more questions tho :) hehe

Now while driving the car around to get data log does the product(flashpro) need to be plugged in at all times?? how long does it need to data log? 1-2 days? 1 week?
I have read about how to fix the TBS error fuel cap..thanks for the heads up.

Yes it needs to be plugged in.

The flashpro will collect information about how the car is running as you drive, your tuner will ask you to drive a certain way to collect data. Based on that he'll edit the map to make the car run better. Load that map into the car and you do it all again until it's perfected.

The whole process can be as short as a week or as long as a month, depending on how quickly you can drive to collect data for your tuner.

@323 now the base map will just make my car run more rich from what I've heard is this true? So the current mods I have like intake, tbs and cat back won't really affect my gains until I get properly tuned?

I haven't really seen any data on the r18 basemap, but I'm sure it'll be somewhat rich. It's a generic tune to essentially just act as a safe starting point. You'll really need to get a tune to see the true benefits.

@323 now the base map will just make my car run more rich from what I've heard is this true? So the current mods I have like intake, tbs and cat back won't really affect my gains until I get properly tuned?
True, it'll run a bit rich but that's better than running too lean, you'll want to get it tuned professionally as soon as you have all your mods done

With an intake/tbs you are most likely running on the lean side anyway so if the base map is slightly rich it will work in your favor. I think that may be why they set the base maps up that way in the first place. To correct the most common issue when running untuned bolt ons.

EDIT: Don't be too focused on HP numbers as you may be disappointed. Instead focus on the way the car drives and responds better afterwards. It should be a much better driving experience. Thats what I've noticed with the R18 platform. Driveability, response, and more fun but, not necessarily surprisingly faster.

Listen to nix. If you obsess with numbers on the r18 platform you will trade in your civic. Trust me. That's why I drive a focus now.

I know the r18 isn't meant for power..more of economy, I just want a little more bang for my buck maybe a little more torque but I'm not looking to track my car anything I just simply enjoy modding my car and making it unique to my eyes just like everyone else, but @Nix my car backfires, would that have anything to do with my cat back? I always wondered why because like you said I should be more on the lean side? Thanks by the way for the info everyone, much love

Back