DIY 2013 Civic Hybrid Tail Lights on Si

Edit: looked up black hybrids- next mod when I have time!!

Last edited:
After that just follow College Hill Honda's install video and you are good.

Finished product

Tails15.jpg

Tails16.jpg

Tails17.jpg

Civic Si w/ Hybrid Tail Lights Crew #1?

That looks soooo sexy . Want those sooo bad!

for a 14-15 SI there is a lot more work required in order to accomplish this when using 13 hybrid taillights . you have to take in consideration the trunk button release and the alarm system speaker(or what ever its called) when alarm goes off and car Is locked that beeps located inside the rear bumper. along with an extra air bag sensor located in the bumper. can be accomplished though I recently rebuilt my buddies harness for his 14 SI to get all those features working again properly.

Attachments

• IMG_3824.JPG
    IMG_3824.JPG
    743.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3827.JPG
    IMG_3827.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
Anyone getting condensation in the 2 trunk lid lights? Both of mine fog up and water builds up a bit.

Need to figure out a way to fix this.....

Anyone getting condensation in the 2 trunk lid lights? Both of mine fog up and water builds up a bit.

Need to figure out a way to fix this.....
haven't seen that but. have you cked the seal on them or make sure you have no cracks in them any where and possibly try using clear silicone around the edges where the lights come together once the condensation disappears from inside of them to prevent future condensation from getting inside .
post pics of them.

haven't seen that but. have you cked the seal on them or make sure you have no cracks in them any where and possibly try using clear silicone around the edges where the lights come together once the condensation disappears from inside of them to prevent future condensation from getting inside .
post pics of them.

Haven't pulled them off the car since I installed them close to over a year ago. Ill have to pull them off this weekend and use some sealer around them where they meet.

It sucks since they are OEM lights.....

Haven't pulled them off the car since I installed them close to over a year ago. Ill have to pull them off this weekend and use some sealer around them where they meet.

It sucks since they are OEM lights.....
I fee you on that man . How much did the lights run you in thinking myself of getting them

I got them from a friend....so I got a bit of a deal.

Kinda going back and forth on going back to stock...

for a 14-15 SI there is a lot more work required in order to accomplish this when using 13 hybrid taillights . you have to take in consideration the trunk button release and the alarm system speaker(or what ever its called) when alarm goes off and car Is locked that beeps located inside the rear bumper. along with an extra air bag sensor located in the bumper. can be accomplished though I recently rebuilt my buddies harness for his 14 SI to get all those features working again properly.
Are you still on? Ill buy a harness thats all good to go

Thank you for bumping this; my neighbor has a Civic Hybrid and I have been considering buying a set of lights to install on my Si as I like the look of the Hybrids. I honestly did not realize how different the harnesses were. Awesome write up.

can piece all this together for around $530

however is there a difference in bulbs?

Back