2014 winter tires and rims!

Cantwell

Hey folks any of the 2014 Si owners know what they are going to run for winter tires and rims for the winter?..would like to go down to a 16'' rim and tire any suggestions?
Thanks

Yeah Jonnyrotten that's wife my wife drives on her civic ex
.but I have been told that just regular civic steel rims will not fit because of the size of the calipers? Some people are telling me that I need like 03 to 07 accord rims for them to fit

Webby I live in Halifax ,Nova Scotia in a Atlantic Canada and we have pretty bad winters here..had 17" winter on my 12 si but were not very good..

The 14s have the same size rotors that the 12-13s have. I didn't hear that the caliper changed.

.but I have been told that just regular civic steel rims will not fit because of the size of the calipers? Some people are telling me that I need like 03 to 07 accord rims for them to fit
I'm pretty sure that mine are regular 16" Civic steelies and they're fine.

I actually just received my winter wheel and tire set up for my 14 TW Si sedan.
16" Sparco Assetto Gara wheels in bronze with Continental Extreme Winter Contacts in 205/55R16.

I actually just received my winter wheel and tire set up for my 14 TW Si sedan.
16" Sparco Assetto Gara wheels in bronze with Continental Extreme Winter Contacts in 205/55R16.

I was thinking about the EWC's but probably going with the General Altimax Artic. Great reviews on them and they are cheaper.

Eesh, I had a bad experience with General tires. I know they have lots of good reviews but.... I had the altimax HP "all seasons" and they constantly wobbled. Apparently to keep the tires cheap they use some sort of overlapping system of plies within the tire. I guess on occasion the ends of the layers line up too close together and you get a high spot that is hard to balance. It takes a few miles before they break in and that spot gets soft so by that point you have put too many miles on them to return and they are unbalanceable.

That's the story I got anyway. I definitely had the "great for the first 300 miles and then wobble wobble" experience.

Hopefully I just got a bad tire and their arctics might have different construction. I do see a lot of good reviews for them.

Altimax Arctics are worth every penny. I literally cant be stopped on a snow covered road with those tires on. I can go over 50mph without any problems with losing traction. My set of arctics will probably be done at the end of this winter season. And I will definitely get another set since they are the best bang for the buck.

A little late to the party, but on '14 Si's, yes you have to run rims with different offset than the 12's and 13's - CR-V steel work well but are damn heavy

Back