DIY 2015 Si 2d rear seat delete

What material are you going to use for the delete kit? Also I'm assuming you found suitable locations to bolt or screw the kit down?

You go from giving the rear passengers a nice Honda seat belt padding to giving them cardboard to sit on!! How rude! Lol but in all seriousness I can't wait to see how this turns out

What material are you going to use for the delete kit? Also I'm assuming you found suitable locations to bolt or screw the kit down?

Same materials and color as spare tire trunk cover. Super light Yes! Bumper clips for back panel, there are a bunch of holes for clips that hold trunk carpet. Some Velcro too. Existing clip for bottom panel. When I have time ill upload a photo with the locations to secure . I plan to get really fancy with back panel, so might take a week or so

Last edited:
Same materials and color as spare tire trunk cover. Yes! When I have time ill upload a photo with the locations to bolt in. I plan to get really fancy with back panel, so might take a week or so
Ah ok so your going to do a fabric wrap. I only asked cause I've seen people do them on other cars out of things like bamboo.

Reducing weight! I also plan to install auto power roll cage for autocrossing. I'm looking at a lot of Mustangs for ideas, which seems to be the most popular car for rear seat delete kits

Wow, thats pretty cool man. Intense mod but I like it. Dry carbon panel at the end?

Also, I think taking that dust buster out of the trunk will lose you about 3lbs or so plus all that reduced noise from it flying around has to be worth it.

I know I've seen something similar on an 8th gen...... WOOD PANELING!

6283427049_fb8b2de42e_b.jpg

6283430863_4b90ecef6d_b.jpg

Wow, thats pretty cool man. Intense mod but I like it. Dry carbon panel at the end?

Also, I think taking that dust buster out of the trunk will lose you about 3lbs or so plus all that reduced noise from it flying around has to be worth it.

I know I've seen something similar on an 8th gen...... WOOD PANELING!

6283427049_fb8b2de42e_b.jpg

6283430863_4b90ecef6d_b.jpg
Seems like a foam seat would weigh less than plywood or whatever wood was used.

Final template done! On to fabrication! Still need to remove brackets in the ends. Middle bracket is welded So gotta figure out what to do there.KIMG0356.jpg KIMG0359.jpg KIMG0361.jpg KIMG0362.jpg

Final project will look like this?

REARSTDELKITGT.jpg

Wood? :rotfl: no wood. Corrugated plastic panel for back with thin layer of foam padding and carpet. Haven't decided bottom material, will need something strong enough to take small screws for locking clips

That's exactly what I'm going for top pic. Simple and light weight. I might get all Martha Stewart with back panel tho. Except with a bracket sticking out of center
Why not just build a small box over the bracket to cover it up? Should be that much extra work.

Back