2015 si sedan

I just Googled what Boxing Day is.

You mean to tell me that Canada has two days of Christmas?

Lol. No. It's just a paid holiday. A quick search shows it had to do with the UK and Christmas boxes. Usually lots of sales for the week after christmas like black Friday/cyber monday. It's just another way to make people consumer whores. I see it as another way to save money on car parts because I'm a cheap ***.
The three red emblems cost just over $100cnd shipped on sale. I forgot to ask if they're real but a quick search says they aren't. I hope they don't fade. Figured for the regular price of like 60-70 bucks they were real.

got the acuity shifter back today. asked them to throw in a knob but they didnt. looks like they replaced the bushings, maybe the spring and some bolts. overall probably not work the almost $100 to ship it there and back.

just purchased 4 firestone fire hawk indy 500s , site had a 7% sale so i had to buy them before the downpipe. i have a rule of paying off my credit card before purchasing more car parts so the downpipe is next.

just purchased 4 firestone fire hawk indy 500s , site had a 7% sale so i had to buy them before the downpipe. i have a rule of paying off my credit card before purchasing more car parts so the downpipe is next.

that’s a good rule. I personally switched to buying parts with cash now. Makes for less headaches later.

that’s a good rule. I personally switched to buying parts with cash now. Makes for less headaches later.
i leave the cash for bills and payments and then just put money on to the card when i know i can. usually do like 300-500 every week or two. then theres my wife that never pays hers off until she puts it on the line of credit thinking shes paying it off. i now have her credit card.

but to be fair,i still had $500 on my card before i bought these, i just didnt want to lose the chance to get over $40 off the tires. they came out to $40 less than the falkens i was going to get.

One wash and the carbon wrap is no good. Hmm.

20191229-203614.jpg

Looks like I'm going to order some 3m vinyl wrap next.

Last edited:
? what's going on with the wrap? Also, be careful about where you buy your 3m from online. There are a lot of people on ebay etc that are selling knockoff 3m carbon vinyl. I'd advise looking for an actual sign shop, or a sign shop online that is an actual distributor. A number of sellers out there are selling knockoffs from china.

I have a set of 500 firehawks excellent , very sticky, long lasting 340. a even better bargain the Michelin AS 3+ that cost about the same, high tread wear480,rated speed Y 185-the one's on the car now-haven't tested them enough yet. They also sell speed rated 168 Michelins. The Michelins are so good for a AS that only a top summer tire is better like the firehawks in warm weather. But cold weather 32 degree's unsafe for firehawks.

I see lots of 3m on Amazon. Lots of reviews sayings it's not real. Not sure what I'm doing next. Looks like the water got between the vinyl in some spots.

I have a set of 500 firehawks excellent , very sticky, long lasting 340. a even better bargain the Michelin AS 3+ that cost about the same, high tread wear480,rated speed Y 185-the one's on the car now-haven't tested them enough yet. They also sell speed rated 168 Michelins. The Michelins are so good for a AS that only a top summer tire is better like the firehawks in warm weather. But cold weather 32 degree's unsafe for firehawks.

As3+ are almost double the Price of the Indy 500 and are 500 tread wear. Also car is not driven in winter anymore. Michelin are the most over priced tires ever.

Well I bought the Michelin tires on sale, I also bought the firehawks on sale, I usually only buy tire if they are on sale. Oh 500 tread wear might be the 165mph version not the better balanced Y 185 version-you lose a little tread wear because they trim the tire a little-to balance them better. Michelin summer tires are almost double the as one's. Any way both are excellent AS Michelin
will of course last much longer and they are energy saving tires to -a little more MPG's-anyway If I had just one tire to run it would be Michelin better on rough roads

My red emblems came in the mail. Definitely fake, came in bubble wrap instead of clear plastic bag. They go to great lengths to make them look real with Honda labels. Came straight from China too. No wonder it was 2 weeks. Then I went on eBay and found the exact same stuff for less than what I paid on "sale". Live and learn. Reviews seem good so I'm ok with it, I knew they wouldn't be real.

Anyone ever deal with kplayground? I don't think I'll ever use them again.

Nothing new. Just red emblems. Wheels off waiting for new tires. Emblems don't fit as good as I hoped. Anyone know if the real ones fit the curves of the panels better? Corners of the rear one won't stick flush.

20200104-170142.jpg

20200104-170010.jpg

your rotors are rusty-I kind of worry about that-mine are rusty too-been sitting in garage now for over a month. My neon rotors were so rusty I had to replace them-maybe spin the rotors a bit with the wheel on and use some brake cleaner too.:hmmm?: I also rec anti-seize on wheel studs and a dab around the studs they can actually weld the rim.

your rotors are rusty-I kind of worry about that-mine are rusty too-been sitting in garage now for over a month. My neon rotors were so rusty I had to replace them-maybe spin the rotors a bit with the wheel on and use some brake cleaner too.:hmmm?: I also rec anti-seize on wheel studs and a dab around the studs they can actually weld the rim.
Because I washed it a couple weeks ago then parked it right away. Not too worried. Studs can't weld to the rims. Living in Canada for ever I have never seen that happen. Corrode to the hub with a steel rim, sure. But they will come off. I don't like anti seize on studs. Effects the torque and could cause the lug nuts to back off.

Honestly, set that dude to ignore and move on with your life. I've never seen so many nonsensical posts in my life...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
i have, but it gets dead in here and im bored sometimes so i take a peak once and a while.

also, noticed the carbon fiber wrap has fixed itself. water must have dried out of the image.

Last edited:
Back