2016 Tail Of The Dragon Meet V September 22nd-25th: Chat Thread

Gentle night run you say?

In retrospect I really do owe Cookstar for not plasering my interior. :face-puke:

Intense driving when it is dark out and you can't see **** in the back seats was not a great idea.

That said, anyone up for a "casual night run?"

Intense driving when it is dark out and you can't see **** in the back seats was not a great idea.

We all drive the speed limits at all times. In seriousness, I'm not likely to be going all out at night. Though nothing wrong with rolling up the Skyway at night to look at the stars

In retrospect I really do owe Cookstar for not plasering my interior. :face-puke:

I was feeling pretty sick myself even in the front seat! I knew cook had to be feeling bad. Wherever we stopped that night to talk to the guys on motorcycles was pretty epic for night sky views though.

I was feeling pretty sick myself even in the front seat! I knew cook had to be feeling bad. Wherever we stopped that night to talk to the guys on motorcycles was pretty epic for night sky views though.

We stopped at the overlook and Killboy was one of the guys on the bikes. He had that giant *** headlight strapped to the front of the bike. He flashed it on real quick and blinded all of us.

I just remembered that there was another guy running with killboy and he had like duct taped a cheap flashlight to his helmet and like another to the front of his bike or something crazy lol.

So I officially registered for the meet today, I was always going, just too a while to get around to registering. I just hope that I have enough meat on my RE71s by the middle of September.

I did just announce on FB that I'll be a Charlotte NC resident in a few weeks, but even with that, I'm planning a few auto-x events with central Carolina SCCA and SC SCCA, plus a voyage or two back to DE to run with my local Brandywine group. So I'll still be putting plenty of miles on the car even though the Dragon is 4 hours away and I'm planning on living within a 10-15 mile radius from my new job.

I think it will be. I know you probably didn't read the Hondata 10th reflash thread but the base 1.5T cars are making more HP with a reflash than the 9th Si with a few bolt ons and a tune. Bodes pretty well for the platform especially since a manual is an option. They have hardly released info for the new Si but with the "base" models being that capable with just a reflash, I think there will be a lot of new interest.

The 1.5T is impressive, so the Si should be even better, I think the onset of factory turbocharging and easy flash-able power will bring lots of people to the 10th Si.

Afternoon guys & girls I'm down for this never been. I'd be coming from Florida sounds exciting. What do I need to do next, anybody coming from Florida to this?

:wave:

* Find a place to stay (Some are staying at the Microtel in Robbinsville, NC) -> http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/n...el-inn-and-suites-robbinsville/hotel-overview
* Pay for registration -> http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2016-tail-of-the-dragon-v-september-22nd-25th-registration.14495/
* Schedule time off work
* Check this thread and the other Dragon thread often

Pretty much it.

:thumbsup:

Afternoon guys & girls I'm down for this never been. I'd be coming from Florida sounds exciting. What do I need to do next, anybody coming from Florida to this?
user @Darkout is going from Cocoa FL. A couple maybe from Atlanta Georgia and maybe 2 from NC. I believe those are the southern users attending.

Yea I'm all booked at the Microtel with a decent group it seems. I plan on leaving early Wed. morning and make it up by sundown and leaving Sunday. I missed last years and was pretty bummed, wont happen again

This is happening right now

7843554b07d092be69a0e8f4c9a6923d.jpg

Back