2017 Civic Type R Prototype Caught Testing On The Ring

I really want to know what kind of Brembo brakes they are using for this new model. Will they fit our 9th gen Si's? I really want to upgrade my brakes, especially the calipers, but the options are extremely limited for us it seems.

They are massive. That's the reason why the typers have 19" wheels.

Honda%2BCivic%2BType%2BR%2BSedan2.jpg

They are massive. That's the reason why the typers have 19" wheels.

I understand that, but I also know that Brembo doesn't make a caliper that is made for our 9th gen Si's - the closest thing is the older Integra swap, which is probably not the same size as the Type-R calipers. Are they still 4-pot calipers? I haven't seen any details on the brakes specifically. Hell, I will put 6-pot calipers on mine if I can make them fit, all I want is the most braking power possible; the Type-R sidewalls shown here are scary tiny, but I don't see any issue going smaller than the 40mm sidewalls I already run if it means significantly better braking power.

I am looking to put a BBK on, and from what I have read the Wilwood kit is not that great and super noisy. That leaves me with even more limited options, hence why I am curious about these brakes.

I really want to know what kind of Brembo brakes they are using
the Euro version:
Honda has made special 350 mm sized Brembo brakes with four pot calipers at each corner.

The US version could be different, and we have about a year to find out what they're doing. That red photo above is totally photoshopped.

the Euro version:
Honda has made special 350 mm sized Brembo brakes with four pot calipers at each corner.

The US version could be different, and we have about a year to find out what they're doing. That red photo above is totally photoshopped.

That is wonderful news, both because I wanted to see Brembos being made specifically for Honda, and because I think the version of the Type-R in that picture is hideous - I would much rather have the Euro model styling here in North America. I also want to get the seats from the Euro Type-R to put in my Si.

You of all people would know @webby : what are the largest brakes you have seen anyone put on a 9th gen Si here? If I had the money, I'd put ceramic rotors on mine, but that is out of the question so I am looking for the next best option.

That is wonderful news, both because I wanted to see Brembos being made specifically for Honda, and because I think the version of the Type-R in that picture is hideous - I would much rather have the Euro model styling here in North America. I also want to get the seats from the Euro Type-R to put in my Si.

You of all people would know @webby : what are the largest brakes you have seen anyone put on a 9th gen Si here? If I had the money, I'd put ceramic rotors on mine, but that is out of the question so I am looking for the next best option.
@Sleepingpanda I believe with his brembo brakes -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/hi-everyone-im-sleepingpanda-part-2-lol.5584/page-25#post-337577

other brembo info
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/brembo-brakes-100-bolt-on.8139/

That's awesome, because his build was one of the first threads I ever read when I first came to this forum, and his brake calipers inspired me to have to have bigger, better, prettier brakes on my car!! :D

If there is anyone else you think of whose brakes I should look at, please feel free to post links.

New spy pics of the Type R.....

Updated Civic Type R prototypes have been spotted in Europe in the past couple of months and they've shown some interesting updates compared to the first prototypes spied at the end of 2015.

The biggest exterior update is the addition of a hood scoop. New wheels have been fitted, featuring red pin stripes. The outer bumper air inlets now feature several slats. And we spot a covered Type R badge in the front grille on one of the test cars.

There also appears to be HondaSensing cameras/sensors at the top of the front windshield.

http://www.autogespot.com/honda-civic-type-r-2017/2016/07/13

@webby

Overall....yup.

Hood scoop is dumb. The little upper rear wing thingies....odd. The lower front lip....still not sure about it.

how do you feel about that double wing

Integrated exhaust manifolds suck asssssssssass

World's Fastest Honda Civic R18!!
IG | 420Coupe

New Honda Civic Type R May Debut In Concept Guise At Paris Motor Show

Honda is apparently set to lift the veil on the latest-generation Civic Type R in concept guise at September's Paris Motor Show. The current model was only released last year, but because it launched so late in the 9th-gen Civic's production run, Honda has wasted no time in testing and developing the range-topping variant for the 10th-generation Civic.

After the concept's Paris debut, it is reported that the completed car will hit showroom floors in September 2017.

Auto Express reports that the new model will adopt a more restrained look than the current model, in an effort to broaden its appeal. This means that no crazy rear wing will be installed while more subtle front and rear bumpers will also come standard.

Although numerous prototypes have been snapped with bold aerodynamic elements, the publication suggests that these components won't come standard and could instead be offered as optional extras.

As for power, it will continue to come from a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine but rather than 306 hp, could pump out 340 hp. Torque is also expected to jump from 400 Nm to 450 Nm, helping to slash the 0-62 mph(100 km/h) time to the five second mark. Front-wheel drive will be retained as will a six-speed manual transmission. If Honda so desires, a new FWD Nurburgring lap record should be achievable.

Back