323's Build

time and place you have in mind ?
and ill see if im open

Gonna have a lot of little projects going on this week and next week, starting with this, my fake genuine jdm steering wheel emblem!
I actually like it a lot, matches with the dash a whole lot
NWeHsgcl.jpg

Gonna have a lot of little projects going on this week and next week, starting with this, my fake genuine jdm steering wheel emblem!
I actually like it a lot, matches with the dash a whole lot
NWeHsgcl.jpg

I agree. The more red in the Si the better. Looks good.

Do you guys think i should do LED fogs or HID fogs?
I'm gonna do HID lo beams, LED hi beams/DRLs and turn signals

I have the same question myself, I'm leaning towards HID fogs because I feel like they would work better in foggy weather. I live and work right by the shore so it's foggy quite often.

unless youre gonna retrofit the led fog setup from a new bmw 6 series or landrover evoque, drop in led fog bulbs are purely for looks, they have next to no usable light output

I would recommend either stock halogens or hids for fogs which are low temp bulbs. Putting aftermarket bulbs like Nokya will cause your fog lens to crack during winter because the bulb tends to get very hot while the outside temp is freezing cold. The glass will break due to thermal shock. This happened to my car when I installed Nokyas. Lol. When the glass broke, I replaced the lens with polycarbonate replacements which still warped on the same winter. :rotfl:

The LED bulbs are probably the lowest temp bulbs you can put, but the light output is terrible. I put 102 SMD LED bulbs on my 2nd set of fog lights and the light output was terrible. They won't help when you're driving through a foggy road.

LED fogs in comparison to hids on stock housing. The fogs looked like parking lights. :pat:

Ordered CREE LED fog light bulbs :) my fogs are more for looks anyways.
Now I have to figure out what HID kit to get...any suggestions?

Car is looking great man! Thanks for being the guinea pig for everyone on these lights!

www.HIDgeeks.com -
or
KBcarstuff/Xenondepot

I've not ordered from HIDgeeks but KB/Xenon have had fantastic service. I highly recommend them.
Other than the no name ballasts HIDgeeks seem to have pretty cheap pricing. Also all their wiring looks to be the same as TRS. I would still pick up a good relay harness from TRS though. The two I've gotten from them have been top notch.

TRS = theretrofitsource.com

Reactions: 323
Ordered CREE LED fog light bulbs :) my fogs are more for looks anyways.
Now I have to figure out what HID kit to get...any suggestions?

CREEs will definitely be much brighter than my old SMDs.

Xenon depot has a deal on free H11 CREE bulbs with a purchase of a HID kit.

Reactions: 323
Back