323's Build

The blue 8th ten? Yeah, I think that was Testify's old car. He did a ton of auto-X and ran the widest tires he could fit. He was on stock suspension though. With a drop and fender work 245 will probably fit but at the 245/40 size you are starting to get a tall sidewall that will cause a bit of tq loss over a shorter sidewall.

235/40 or 245/35 would be my tire size votes. Both sizes are available in the Michelin PSS.

The HPD civics run 215 width rear tires to help with rotation and also to make sure the tires heat up enough to be fully functional. I know they run slicks and it's near impossible to compare a street tire to a slick.

For tire comparison

08STIBBS.jpg

2008-2014 STi BBS
Size: 18x8.5"
OEM-equipped tire size: 245/40R18

2011WRXwheelweb.jpg

2011-2014 WRX
Size: 17x8"
OEM-equipped tire size: 235/45R17

According to tire calculator:
Capture.PNG
235/40/18 would be my pick for your 18" wheels and the 1.2% change won't be too significant. Putting 245/35/18 might be a pain to install due to the wheel diameter and tire width. It's easier to install 245/40 on 17s.

You'll probably rub depending on the height of the car so you'll be doing some height adjustments with that tire size. 225/40/18 is the safest route though. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
My old coworker did put 245/40/18 on his HHR SS with 18x7.5 wheels. Lol. The stock tires were 225/45/18.

Congrats on the wheels man! Whats the offset? For ease of fitment 225/40 is a great size but you can definitely bump to a 245 with all that power you've got. I think a high performance 235 width is probably not a bad idea though. Split the difference. A better tire in a smaller size will outperform a cheap tire.

What's your tire budget? Are you going to get winter tires on your stock rims and run some really nice summer tires on the new ones?

I think the closest tire size from your original 215/45/17 is going to be a 235/35/18 though. That is a fantastic size that no one makes. That said, you can get a Michelin Pilot Super Sport in 235/40. That's what I would recommend you run. Tire and size wise.
Don't encourage the spending please lol

Reactions: Nix
I'll be getting super sports for sure. Either 225/40 or 235/40. I'm concerned with rubbing on the 235, but I'd like the extra width to use the power.
Just not sure how much of an advantage those 10mm will make vs. the possibility of rubbing.
And the offset is +40

Those headlights are gorgeous. I looked on their site and it didn't look like they had any for the 14' Si. Any idea on if they have them for the 2014's?

Those headlights are gorgeous. I looked on their site and it didn't look like they had any for the 14' Si. Any idea on if they have them for the 2014's?
I'm not sure, you might want to try the manufacturer, SpecD Tuning.
If not, just try googling "2014 civic headlights" and see if there's anything out yet

Pilot super sports? Nice choice.

Weather is getting nice. Should be able to come up some weekend soon and we can do fender works. I've been talking with my wife about it. She definitely wants to spend a few days in Chicago and go to museums and stuff.

Back