8th Generation Civic General Chat

I went to a Chevy dealership yesterday bc my friend saw a S2000 for sale and he wanted to see it. We didn't know the price so we walked in. We saw a used Chevrolet Corvette Grandsport with probably 3k or 4k miles. The sticker price was $59,995. :omg: Then we saw the S2000. It was pretty beat up. The front and rear bumpers had cracks and dents on them. The third brake light was broken. So we were thinking that it would cost less than $10k and the car would still be worth it when the body gets fixed. When we asked the sales rep, she told us it is a 2003 with 34k miles. 34k miles is awesome for a 2003 vehicle. However, their price for it was $18k+.

They also had:

2002 Camaro Z28 with 90miles = $49,999.
1997 S10 with a Corvette engine = $34,995.
2013 Camaro SS with ZL1 parts = $39,997

Is he out of his mind? An old engine on a very old car is impractical. Lol. "I have a 85 truck with no a/c, heat, abs, traction or cruise control. It also has a 302 which makes it better than a Honda "

Certain Americian engines are good, Jeep I6 engine for instance.... But my flogged civic engine is in better condition and shape than my girls friends V6 ford engine.

I looked at his Instagram, a lot of mustangs and American cars Lol surprise, but he posted a picture of a lotus that he loved I wanted to be like, get guess what motor swap is common for that lotus you posted, honda motor :biggrin:

Lotus Exige has Japanese engines in it. A civic and a corolla engine. Lol.

I went to a Chevy dealership yesterday bc my friend saw a S2000 for sale and he wanted to see it. We didn't know the price so we walked in. We saw a used Chevrolet Corvette Grandsport with probably 3k or 4k miles. The sticker price was $59,995. :omg: Then we saw the S2000. It was pretty beat up. The front and rear bumpers had cracks and dents on them. The third brake light was broken. So we were thinking that it would cost less than $10k and the car would still be worth it when the body gets fixed. When we asked the sales rep, she told us it is a 2003 with 34k miles. 34k miles is awesome for a 2003 vehicle. However, their price for it was $18k+.
:facepalm: they do know that car is more then 10 years old now and most banks will not finance it right

I'm going to work on two wheels at a time. I'm stripping the paint off the front face for now. Then the back of the front face. The inside wall looks fine. Those will just be sanded down.
2a7utusa.jpg

The stock paint job on the wheels is butt ugly. I'm sure they will look sick in a solid matte black color.

Reactions: Nix
dars wheel shop. custom refinishing available.
The basement is my office. :giggle:

Okay, so the seller of the Alleggeritas said that he'll wait until im ready to buy the wheels since I'm the only one interested right now. :woot:

Well...I noticed the 'paint' is not paint, but powdercoating. It's going to be a PITA to remove these. Lol. I only took out about most of the clear and 10% of the powdercoating.

Back