8th Generation Civic General Chat

It will be.

I'll swing by Lowes tomorrow and get a JASCO Paint and Epoxy remover. I heard it is stronger than the Rustoleum Paint Stripper or the Air Craft Remover. And is perfect for removing powder coats.

Gave my car a bath today.
20140111_165202_zpsb7d9ad49.jpg

Clean. My car got a bath too. It rained for around 7 hours today. Lol.

Im just doing the front and the back face of the wheels because those are the areas with chipping powder coat. After Im done removing the powder coat, it will be smooth sailing. Since the paint I'm using is an exhaust/header paint that is both primer and paint. And these wheels have no curb rashes so I wouldnt deal with body filling.

I wish I could give you advise on how to speed things up but industrial aircraft stripper would be my go to product so idk. Only other thing would be a beed blasting kit but that's messy and you'd have to buy more stuff.

I wish I could give you advise on how to speed things up but industrial aircraft stripper would be my go to product so idk. Only other thing would be a beed blasting kit but that's messy and you'd have to buy more stuff.
I did some research and Jasco Paint and Epoxy remover turns out to be a better stripper than the Rust-o-leum Aircraft Remover. The person in this vid pretty much used a towel to remove the powder coat using the Jasco.

It's only $10 on Lowes:
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

And a blaster is too costly. Lol.

I know of a couple places in town that give you a blaster when you buy the beads but you'd still need an air compressor and and area to do it it.

I did some research and Jasco Paint and Epoxy remover turns out to be a better stripper than the Rust-o-leum Aircraft Remover. The person in this vid pretty much used a towel to remove the powder coat using the Jasco.

It's only $10 on Lowes:
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

That stuff looks pretty good, are you using any type of respirator or fans? The stuff I use at work is VERY potent. It even eats through my gloves eventually, really fun when you get it on your skin lol

That stuff looks pretty good, are you using any type of respirator or fans? The stuff I use at work is VERY potent. It even eats through my gloves eventually, really fun when you get it on your skin lol
The Rusto-o-leum Paint Stripper doesnt give a strong smell. I apply the stripper in the basement with the door to the 1st floor and the garage open. The stripper did go to my skin when I was working on the TSX wheels and valve cover. The tiniest drop can irritate my skin.

Back