Photos 9th Gen Civic Wheels Collection By Brand - Pics

Well then what do you recommend? I want something with a little rim poke and it sitting flush. I wanna run a 18 inch rim but I also want the tire to last for at least 8-12 months. I have money for a camber kit as well if it is needed and I am willing to do a fender roll also. Any suggestions? Changing tires every 3-4 months is no Bueno.

Well then what do you recommend? I want something with a little rim poke and it sitting flush. I wanna run a 18 inch rim but I also want the tire to last for at least 8-12 months. I have money for a camber kit as well if it is needed and I am willing to do a fender roll also. Any suggestions? Changing tires every 3-4 months is no Bueno.
so at least like 40 000kms?

So you can do like 18x9+30, with 225/40/18 tire. Minimal stretch, roll all 4 fenders a TINY bit, and you can go quite low. No camber, keep the stock camber as much as possible (might require camber arms if you go lower to give you less camber)

Get middle range highway purpose tire with high mileage rating :)

Nothing to special but my PMM with 9th Gen 18" HFP's sitting on Michelin Pilot Super Sport's 225/40 18. Damn sticky grippy tire over stock...classified as a summer tire so will run stock Si wheels and stock Michelins for Fall/Winter
View attachment 19469
View attachment 19470
View attachment 19471

Mine were Z-rated. 225/45/17.

Had them now for 10,000 miles and they're about 1/2 gone. (To be precise, 6mm remaining; 10mm when new) How about you? With a balanced mix of driving styles (50% easy, 50% spirited) how long did they last you....remember?

Last edited:

Mine were Z-rated. 225/45/17.

Had them now for 10,000 miles and they're about 1/2 gone. (To be precise, 6mm remaining; 10mm when new) How about you? With a balanced mix of driving styles (50% easy, 50% spirited) how long did they last you....remember?
i had those from the HFP kit too until i got my Falken FK453's! Those are frickken unreal! Even in the rain! :D

No Advan section!? :( @sb2012si had Advan's too! We can make a section! :D

Advan RS 18x9 +29
1146530_10151581309197304_58131181_n.jpg

Advan SA3R ~18x8+40
415307_366609983455983_745134088_o.jpg

Advan RGII
1557644_10151863467261860_1529329017_n.jpg

Last edited:
i had those from the HFP kit too until i got my Falken FK453's! Those are frickken unreal! Even in the rain! :D

So two main questions:

1.) how long did the PSS last?

2.) which is your favorite tire?

thx... appreciate it!

~7000kms(4300 miles) to safe tread rate. And about 10 000kms (6200miles) until they're bald.

----------------------------------
you guys are talkin' crazy... tires every 3 - 4 months... even every year? You need Fred Flinstone's car with the concrete wheels:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEHl-o-2Dss

My Falken FK453's (although much wider) really cut through the water and give me incredible grip. Believe it or not, i can actually launch faster than a Corvette C6 in the rain because the C6 spins too much. lol at about 50km/h he passes me of course.

So two main questions:

1.) how long did the PSS last?
well i had about 8000kms when i changed them. I was super careful with them. I would say 80% wear. So i could easily have gotten another 8000kms and be safe 100% at that driving style :)

2.) which is your favorite tire?
favorite tire (although not incredible in the rain)
are the Advan AD08 tires. Yes very expensive, yes not a lot of tread life, but it make a world of difference.

thx... appreciate it!

Dude, 5,000 miles is hard to believe given a 30,000 tire warranty. What the heck are you doing out there?!!!!!!!! (ok, don't answer that) Also, appreciate the tip on the Advan AD08. Can't believe anything beats the PSS... but now i've gotta give them a try.

Thanks!

well 30k miles would be on standard tires. hfp came with michelin pilot super sports. i got countless flats with those tires just from driving on gravel. (no joke small rocks punctured the tires) i got three flats in a single summer. $481/tire lame...

but anyways, yeah i can see them lasting much more than 10 000miles even if you are careful like me lol. if i spun them a lot (which is hard to do due to their stickiness)

if i were you i'd go with AD08's for sureeee

here you can see some Advan AD08's on Advan RS wheels just like mine in gold
yokohama-advan-ad08.jpg

SWEET TIRE!

I saw the reviews of the Advan earlier. Impressive.

The Michelin Pilot Super Sports are impressive too... (Not sure we're talking about the same types of PSS) Mine were $159.00/per tire at Costco. (Plus install, etc) It is The top rated tire in the Ultra High Performance Summer category. Here's the TireRack info:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

Looks like I will get 20,000 miles out of them, which seems standard... despite the 30,000 mile warranty.

well 30k miles would be on standard tires. hfp came with michelin pilot super sports. i got countless flats with those tires just from driving on gravel. (no joke small rocks punctured the tires) i got three flats in a single summer. $481/tire lame...

but anyways, yeah i can see them lasting much more than 10 000miles even if you are careful like me lol. if i spun them a lot (which is hard to do due to their stickiness)

if i were you i'd go with AD08's for sureeee

here you can see some Advan AD08's on Advan RS wheels just like mine in gold
yokohama-advan-ad08.jpg

SWEET TIRE!
______________________________-
btw, how do you like the HFP suspension?

You can add Blitz Type 01s to this list. They have numerous sizes and offsets that will work for our cars!!

Back