9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

I'll definitely have a GoPro cam this year :woot:
I will just be using my little camera from two years ago. It does fine and cant see spending the money. It does 720p, and I need the money for the cars.

Hard to mod two, and maintain two others. Thats another reason nothing has or will happen to the 300zx.

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

You're exactly right. I want to taker her to the mountains/track, but the thought of all the oil sloshing to one side of the pan keeps playing over and over in my mind! I'll suck it up eventually :D
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about oil starvation in your lower end. Just think about all the guys who have run an 8th gen Si in the SCCA Showroom Stock B class on road courses all over the USA. They are not allowed to use additional baffling in their oil pans and are consistently pulling more Gs on the stickier Hoosiers, Kumhos, Hankooks, BFGs etc. than one can with the Star Specs on a public road. I agree that oil starvation is the main cause of a rod bearing failure, but I also think that it is highly unlikely that the oil starvation was caused from the G forces of acceleration, braking or cornering on one of our runs.
Just my $0.02 :wavey:

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about oil starvation in your lower end. Just think about all the guys who have run an 8th gen Si in the SCCA Showroom Stock B class on road courses all over the USA. They are not allowed to use additional baffling in their oil pans and are consistently pulling more Gs on the stickier Hoosiers, Kumhos, Hankooks, BFGs etc. than one can with the Star Specs on a public road. I agree that oil starvation is the main cause of a rod bearing failure, but I also think that it is highly unlikely that the oil starvation was caused from the G forces of acceleration, braking or cornering on one of our runs.
Just my $0.02 :wavey:

That's what I kept thinking but I have no idea what else would have caused it. I never over-revved the car. Maybe I just got really unlucky

the oil couldve been low, I know some k20s like to burn some of it, esp in vtaaak
Mine burned oil but I checked it the week before I went to the dragon and topped it off. It was also just below the top dot after it broke. :confuzzled:

the oil couldve been low, I know some k20s like to burn some of it, esp in vtaaak

Guess I am lucky. Usually only need half a quart in between 7500 mile oil changes. But everyone knows how I baby my car, especially since I am at 125k.;)

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

deadhorsebeat_4.gif

Back