9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

:woot: Might be a bit nerve wracking bringing her back out there again after all of that. Gotta enjoy it though! That's why you have it :D

You're exactly right. I want to taker her to the mountains/track, but the thought of all the oil sloshing to one side of the pan keeps playing over and over in my mind! I'll suck it up eventually :D

any info on what actually caused it?
Well we aren't 100% sure but the most probable answer is that the added G's of my Dunlop Star Specs & suspension/camber mods +Long Sweepers +Bad Luck caused it to spin a bearing. That's what my engine builder said, and it did start making noises after a section full of sweepers.

Well we aren't 100% sure but the most probable answer is that the added G's of my Dunlop Star Specs & suspension/camber mods +Long Sweepers +Bad Luck caused it to spin a bearing. That's what my engine builder said, and it did start making noises after a section full of sweepers.
Makes me think I should get a crank scraper and baffle for the e30, since it is a known problem.

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

You're exactly right. I want to taker her to the mountains/track, but the thought of all the oil sloshing to one side of the pan keeps playing over and over in my mind! I'll suck it up eventually :D
Which rod bearing failed? Was there any other damage?

I think im gonna be dissapointed in september if you don't look like Kenny G in real life.

PA250023.JPG

all Ken needs is a wig

Im glad to see Alex came over to where all the cool kids are, I really wanna see your all motor beast in action.

I think Im gonna start getting the itinerary thread together soon, there will be a Friday GA drive as well :woot:

Which rod bearing failed? Was there any other damage?
The #1 bearing failed. There wasn't any damage to the head since I stopped driving so early. My car now has a 12.5:1 K24 bottom end now though :bananasplit:

I also can't wait to actually hit the dragon with a bunch of not Mazdaspeed guys! I'm glad I'm finally one of the cool kids :D

aww... Mr. Lover of Boots needs another hug and a cheer squad

BOOTY! :cheerleader: BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:BOOTY! :cheerleader:

Back