9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

I was in 3rd at the Dragon last time. What a change and there were still times I was at the rev limiter. Although it is only at 6900.

It will be a different beast this year with the new ride. Have started taking some corners here and there and feels alot better than the stock Si. Maybe better than when I had the coilovers on the Si? Feel decently planted and not much body roll.

does it have dedicated summer tires on it, or are they all seasons orrr

3rd gear is my favorite for dragon runs in the Si. That way it still has some pull out of the corners but I'm not up at redline the hole time. 3rd gear is a nice "spirited" drive, 2nd gear is :vtec:

bring the e30, night runs arent the same without it

i actually went to 2nd gear for many of the tight turns, because 3rd gear at 3k rpms it's barely making enough, if any boost

I always prefer the throttle response & better low end of an n/a engine

does it have dedicated summer tires on it, or are they all seasons orrr

It has some Potenza RE050 which are "Ultra High Performance Summer Tires" according to Tirerack :giggle:

Kinda pricy....$1200 for the set. 225 in the front and 255 in the back according to tirerack OEM spec sizing. Reviews aren't too great on there, "most people would not buy again".

3rd gear is my favorite for dragon runs in the Si. That way it still has some pull out of the corners but I'm not up at redline the hole time. 3rd gear is a nice "spirited" drive, 2nd gear is :vtec:
I prefer 2nd in the Si. Rev limiter is there for a reason. It still doesnt pull out of the corners.

The i6 is much better suited for the Dragon. Pulls throughout the rpm range.

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

I had a bad dream this morning about this event.... I was unable to keep up and got lost in a weird miami hotel area and backed into a pole. Then I woke up. How weird is that?

What kind of food would everyone prefer? I'm gonna get in contact with Fontana very soon to nail down a selection for the Saturday dinner.

It's already gonna be March very soon, time is flyin'

Back