9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

I averaged 30.4 mpg for the 8CCD-VI trip last year. But I ain't got no powah!:bleh: I should bring our son's k20swap Civic EG. Now that has some serious power.

That's fantastic fuel mileage for such a strong performing car. It makes sense though. You have a relatively light car with lots of hp & slippery aerodynamics. What kind of RPMs are you seeing @ 70 mph?

I averaged 30.4 mpg for the 8CCD-VI trip last year. But I ain't got no powah!:bleh: I should bring our son's k20swap Civic EG. Now that has some serious power.

Is that the same one from the RA video u showed before?

The si is faster in a straight line, especially now that it shifts right. My mpgs have gone down some lately, since it is such a joy to shift at any rpm.

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

That's fantastic fuel mileage for such a strong performing car. It makes sense though. You have a relatively light car with lots of hp & slippery aerodynamics. What kind of RPMs are you seeing @ 70 mph?

The engine management system shuts down cylinders 8 -> 6 -> 4. Rolling on the highway at 70 mph, the vette is running in 6th gear combusting in only half the engine at approximately 2000 rpm. I can only imagine it would improve slightly with narrower tires than 325 & 275 mm wide.

I think I averaged 18 to 20 at the Dragon with the e30.

In the Si, I average 30 to and from work.

E30, FA5

The engine management system shuts down cylinders 8 -> 6 -> 4. Rolling on the highway at 70 mph, the vette is running in 6th gear combusting in only half the engine at approximately 2000 rpm. I can only imagine it would improve slightly with narrower tires than 325 & 275 mm wide.
So....what kind of HP does your 4-cyl. Vette have?:giggle:

It doesnt matter how I drive the Si. I always get 30 back and forth from work. The lowest I got was at the Dragon, but I dont know what it was. Thats not why I was there.:oops:

E30, FA5

Now I am quoting myself.

My other post didnt post.

E30, FA5

I just got 38 on my last tank out of my little r18. Jealous that you guys are so close in mileage with so much more power!!!!

I just got 38 on my last tank out of my little r18. Jealous that you guys are so close in mileage with so much more power!!!!
The best I have gotten with my WRX was 33, that was cruise on, 67 mph (2 over limit) over 180 miles.

Around the Dragon, 17 mpg

The drive to The Dragon I was doing around 40 at The Dragon 15-20.....lol. Guess the R18 hates being in 2nd while sitting at like 5-7k rpm....lol

Back