9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

If I were still gonna be at Durham Tech next semester, I would consider taking an entire week off so I could attend both the 8th and 9th civic meets. However, I'll be at a real university so I'll only be able to make one...

...and that's gonna be the 9thcivic meet :thumb:
Add me to the official list when it's up

Now you know we are going to have to drag Mike and Brandon to the 9th partay! :giggle:

I've talked to Brandon about it and I think he's leaning towards this meet as well. I'll talk to Mike about it

The seed is planted with Mike. Now we gotta wait and see if he'll be in town when September comes around :waiting:

And I'm pretty sure Brandon will come

yeah because I'll be there :D but I won't have the nose-heavy godly chariot

I'm sure your new car will blow the WRX away in terms of handling. Luckily I'll get to drive BRZ's at work. Unfortunately, it won't be "spirited" driving, just around town and down I-40 :bleh:

It'll be interesting to see how Brandon's new car does. Sure it has more power than the Si but now he won't be on star specs and (correct me if I'm wrong on this one) doesn't have a true LSD. However, knowing Brandon I'm sure that GTI will move plenty good

I'm sure your new car will blow the WRX away in terms of handling. Luckily I'll get to drive BRZ's at work. Unfortunately, it won't be "spirited" driving, just around town and down I-40 :bleh:

It'll be interesting to see how Brandon's new car does. Sure it has more power than the Si but now he won't be on star specs and (correct me if I'm wrong on this one) doesn't have a true LSD. However, knowing Brandon I'm sure that GTI will move plenty good

No LSD on the GTI, that's what bugs me about my car because it will still spin the inside front wheel under hard acceleration, just like fwd. That's why I want so much to go back to RWD come hell or high water.

RWD is definitely the most fun to drive. I'm still debating whether or not I should drive the Miata this year. The drive there will be painful (I have back problems, plus at 70 mph it's revving above 3,000 rpm and it's loud) but it would be so much fun up there

I wish Subaru had given the WRX factory LSD. It would be a much better car. A little bit stiffer suspension would help as well

Correct about the lsd. They added braking to the wheel trying to spin. The brakes get a real workout with spirited driving. It was only in the past year or two that the braking was added. I was seriously looking at the gti when I bought the Si, but after a spirited drive that had a lot of tire smoke made up my mind. The salesman was very young and seemed a little shaken after the test drive.

Richard
E30, FA5

RWD is definitely the most fun to drive. I'm still debating whether or not I should drive the Miata this year. The drive there will be painful (I have back problems, plus at 70 mph it's revving above 3,000 rpm and it's loud) but it would be so much fun up there

I wish Subaru had given the WRX factory LSD. It would be a much better car. A little bit stiffer suspension would help as well
I have the same issues with the e30. Very loud, no radio, no ac, stiff seats with no padding, and very stiff. I am leaning towards the trailer route now. It will also depend on how much work I can get done on it. The rear subframe bushings and dif mount have to be done before any spirited driving.

Richard
E30, FA5

I do need his help/guidance getting the sunroof cassette out and skinning it. Then I get to do the rear subframe bushings. I did just come across a chip wirg 19lb injectors for 93 octane for 200. That is tempting me.

Also looking ar some headers, but the would do better with the chip.

Richard
E30, FA5
I have a close friend who transformed an E30 into a track car. He did the sunroof delete project. he also stuck an E36/M3 powerplant in it. By the time he was finished, it was so beautiful, he didn't want to risk taking it to a track day. You really are going to have to see this car sometime. It'll blow you away.

I have a close friend who transformed an E30 into a track car. He did the sunroof delete project. he also stuck an E36/M3 powerplant in it. By the time he was finished, it was so beautiful, he didn't want to risk taking it to a track day. You really are going to have to see this car sometime. It'll blow you away.
Would love to see it. Planning to run the m20 until it quits. Then who knows.

Richard
E30, FA5

Back