9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

i really like this hatch.
photo1_623132.jpg

There's a guy at work that has one of those. Looks pretty good and from what I've seen is pretty quick. I always thought they were cool

the little E36 hatchbacks were always potential sleeper projects if they had an M3 engine.

I do like the I6, and the M20 will probably be in there for a while. Hence the mods. Chip or Headers?
On another subject. I am trying to talk Ryan into getting an e30 318is.

starting him off right

I would crave the opportunity to run with him when he had the mini/si. During the GA cruise I'd keep with him in the corners and then nearly run him over when I powered out of them. This year with the BRZ should be different.
Jeff rode with me on a night run (leading the pack) and he witnessed how it's really done :laughing:
My first year or second on the big cruise we got separated from everyone right after the pizza place. I followed the two of them in the Minis. I will have to say it was not an easy task keeping up with them in the Si. It was one of the more fun sections of the entire trip. That and when the bikers yelled at him(stupid kids) when he passed them on the way back. :)
The MINI vs. STi matchup would have been great fun. Here's some shots of the MINIs that we used to have.

dragon2.JPG

lol... never saw the ketchup/mustard stickers. Were those on there when the mr bean stuff was on the side window?

The MINI vs. STi matchup would have been great fun. Here's some shots of the MINIs that we used to have.

View attachment 1241

Nate wasn't much of a fight with his STI :D

Even if I don't get the BRZ, I do think that I'll let the WRX go and get something used that's better on gas, but still fun. With prices going over 4/gal, I don't think I can continue on with turbo awd powa.

Nate wasn't much of a fight with his STI :D

Even if I don't get the BRZ, I do think that I'll let the WRX go and get something used that's better on gas, but still fun. With prices going over 4/gal, I don't think I can continue on with turbo awd powa.
if purely for financial reasons, make sure to calculate the loss you'll take on the WRX to the minimal mpg gain you'll see, especially if you want a fun car as a replacement. If you went Civic LX then yea, I'd say sure thing, that'll save you coin. A fun car (with low miles) that will make you happy won't be (a) cheap and (b) won't be tremendously better on gas. (my opinion of course)

saving money..... you sound like Natey, maybe you can get a Legacy CVT :woot:

a motorcycle is good on gas and still fun.... other than that a agree with K. i say keep the wrx or get brz for sure, i wouldn't switch cars only for gas reasons unless you are getting 13mpg mix, like my ex-truck.

The BRZ is definite, if I have a job at that point, I've contemplated keeping the WRX and putting money into the suspension but the BRZ stock will handle much better than the WRX and be blast at the dragon.

I've seen 19/27 mpg with premium fuel thrown around on the brz. Not sure if that's official for the US market though?

Back