9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

you want to BIKE the dragon?

bamboobike.jpg

bike? ^^

Why not? I think it would be fun. I remember seeing a guy on a bike 1 or 2 years ago.....kinda scary trying to go around him.

Why not? I think it would be fun. I remember seeing a guy on a bike 1 or 2 years ago.....kinda scary trying to go around him.

Exactly.. just have to find a time with minimal traffic. Plus there's plenty of pull off areas to let people by if they are too scurred to move into the other lane.

I usually average 17mph over a 20-30mile ride so I could probably ride the dragon as fast as some of the 8thcivic members drive :hiding:

Webby - Bike
IMG_20120306_154710.jpg

Excuse the mess. Just got back from a ride 5mins ago.

A smaller seat is often better than a larger one as it utilizes your sit bones correctly instead of applying pressure to areas that are unwanted. Mine has a little relief in the middle to remove pressure from the perineum area. The seat that came with the bike was horrible.. this one is slightly narrower but no discomfort even on a 2hr ride. I usually get out of the saddle every so often.

Everyone is unique though. I've met some people who will not ride on anything but a pure carbon saddle; no padding. OUCH!

http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/c...ia/max-flite-gel-flow/prd_411526_2509crx.aspx

I ride a womens seat. I have prostatitis from riding so much. Quite honestly the narrowest womens seat is the most comfortable thing ive ever tried. The "relief" area is finally deep enough.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, but even at 15+mph, you're talking about an hour of being exposed to vehicles coming around blind corners nailing you.

A smaller seat is often better than a larger one as it utilizes your sit bones correctly instead of applying pressure to areas that are unwanted. Mine has a little relief in the middle to remove pressure from the perineum area. The seat that came with the bike was horrible.. this one is slightly narrower but no discomfort even on a 2hr ride. I usually get out of the saddle every so often.

Everyone is unique though. I've met some people who will not ride on anything but a pure carbon saddle; no padding. OUCH!

http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/c...ia/max-flite-gel-flow/prd_411526_2509crx.aspx

Interesting. Thanks for the explanation.

I ride a womens seat. I have prostatitis from riding so much. Quite honestly the narrowest womens seat is the most comfortable thing ive ever tried. The "relief" area is finally deep enough.

I guess I would have to experiment to see what works best for me. I would love to try riding, but probably off road to stay away from vehicles.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, but even at 15+mph, you're talking about an hour of being exposed to vehicles coming around blind corners nailing you.

I would be very nervous.

I recently discovered that theres a trail from Sandy Springs, GA ( 15mins south of me) that goes from here to Alabama, over 100 miles total (1 way). It's the longest trail in the country. I'm sure there are some trails near you Ken, if you fancied just riding for fun. To say I'm excited is an understatement. There's way too much traffic locally to ride any other day but Sunday AM; as I just reconfirmed earlier today.

Yes, the dragon will be a little nervy, but like I said I would love to do it just to say I've done it.

I recently discovered that theres a trail from Sandy Springs, GA ( 15mins south of me) that goes from here to Alabama, over 100 miles total (1 way). It's the longest trail in the country. I'm sure there are some trails near you Ken, if you fancied just riding for fun. To say I'm excited is an understatement. There's way too much traffic locally to ride any other day but Sunday AM; as I just reconfirmed earlier today.

Yes, the dragon will be a little nervy, but like I said I would love to do it just to say I've done it.
I am surprised you didnt know about the Silver Comet trail.

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

Some of the NC locals are going to be making a fun run on March 16th-18th at the Dragon. Everyone is welcomed to come out if the wish. I will post up a thread in a few.....

Back