9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

Just ordered the MAF conversion. It really won't make any difference in power over a chip, but will give me modern car throttle response. I won't have to wait for the door to open. AFM

On a side note. If anyone needs a decent set of speakers for a good price, check Crutchfield. They have 5 1/14, 6.5, and 6 3/4 Boston Acoustics for 49.99. My Si rear speakers finally let go and need replacing.

All Subie owners know the pain that is called their OEM stereo

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL
The Si stereo isn't too bad stock, but the rear speakers are blown. They don't sound so good right now. I was just looking for a cheap replacement. Whatever was cheapest, that came with the adapter plate and was two way.

I still get tired way too easily. All I was able to get done today was change the oil, transmission, and rear diff fluid in my truck. I needed to change the high beams on my Si, but ran out of light and weather. It looks like one set of wheels is sold, and I can use that for the subframe bushings. The guy wants to swap diffs too. He wants gas mileage and I was acceleration, so it is good for both of us. It will be a hard decision on which car to bring to the Dragon. The BMW will be more predictable with bushings that are not falling apart, but the Si drives so much better now.

I have to say the best mod/repair I have done to date is switching the Clutch master cylinder and SS line. It has become fun to drive again. It had gotten so bad shifting into second, that it would grind/not go into gear about 50% of the time if I was above 6k rpms.

I hope all in the veteran dragon crew is doing well, and really hope I can be there this year.

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

It's pain every day, thankfully it's a little bit better with the iphone hooked up to it.

The Si stereo isn't too bad stock, but the rear speakers are blown. They don't sound so good right now. I was just looking for a cheap replacement. Whatever was cheapest, that came with the adapter plate and was two way.

I still get tired way too easily. All I was able to get done today was change the oil, transmission, and rear diff fluid in my truck. I needed to change the high beams on my Si, but ran out of light and weather. It looks like one set of wheels is sold, and I can use that for the subframe bushings. The guy wants to swap diffs too. He wants gas mileage and I was acceleration, so it is good for both of us. It will be a hard decision on which car to bring to the Dragon. The BMW will be more predictable with bushings that are not falling apart, but the Si drives so much better now.

I have to say the best mod/repair I have done to date is switching the Clutch master cylinder and SS line. It has become fun to drive again. It had gotten so bad shifting into second, that it would grind/not go into gear about 50% of the time if I was above 6k rpms.

I hope all in the veteran dragon crew is doing well, and really hope I can be there this year.

I'm doing well and I hope you get better, is your condition improving?

You and many others were missed last year.

It's pain every day, thankfully it's a little bit better with the iphone hooked up to it.

I'm doing well and I hope you get better, is your condition improving?

You and many others were missed last year.

Thanks

I am doing better, but I still have 1 year and 2 months of maintenance treatment left. That means I have to take 2 oral chemo meds all of the time, and a 3rd every 3 months for 15 days. It makes me tired, and causes nausea and GI pain. I am much better than last year. I just forget sometimes that I don't have the energy that I used to. I will start projects and run out of steam.

went by the subaru dealer near my house and, it is no longer. my subi dealer is now lexis so, looks like i will be checking out the frs.

Deals Gap is open for the season today.:bananasplit:

IMG_0461t.jpg

YUMMMMMM!!!!!!! Dragonburgers!

So when's the spring run there or n ga?

The si is almost ready. I just have the front brakes and camber bolts to do. Waiting on the bolts.

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

Back