9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

I'm hoping to get this before the dragon this year

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_47&products_id=16513

It's expensive but I've heard good things about Whiteline sway bars
that is a great choice. I have the equivalent on my W. The difference is unbelievable.

black is '11 STI sway (19 mm) with '11 WRX end link... this is a big upgrade from the '11 WRX sway (16 mm)
silver is whilteline 22 mm adjustable sway (don't recall the end link) ... set at 22 mm

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

That bar looks like a monster. I heard about Whiteline from a friend who has them on his STI. Once I get a rear sway bar, rear camber kit and maybe a custom midpipe I'll be done with the Si for a while

I learned a lot about suspension while racing rc cars/trucks. I raced offroad, but geometry, shock valving(not as complicated) and oil weight, spring rates, caster, camber, toe front and rear changes are the same.
Didn't know this. After I quit racing in 06 I did 6-8 months of 1/8 buggy and 1/8 truggy with a Team Associated RC8 and Xray XT8. (RB .21 motors, ported sleeve, polished&cut crank etc)

Didn't know this. After I quit racing in 06 I did 6-8 months of 1/8 buggy and 1/8 truggy with a Team Associated RC8 and Xray XT8. (RB .21 motors, ported sleeve, polished&cut crank etc)

I never got too into racing, just driving them around. I've still got my HPI Pro 3 that's all done up. I spent a lot of time and money on that thing

I have a short course and so do both boys. We run stock, but with the brushless motors and lipos they are not slow. There is so much tuning in the speed contols, you have to take a laptop for tuning at the track. The stock trucks can pull wheelies down the straight if you want it tuned that way. I keep the power delivery smooth.

It is amazing how fast the 1/8 ebuggies are. Instant torque from the brushless motor and the same top end as gas.

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

I went with the smaller Eibach for two reasons. Its my dd and the price. DTD had it on ebay for 98 shipped. Plus I wont worry about the mounts, as I would with the laeger bar. The reinforcment brackets are a good idea for the larger bars.

E30, FA5

Keith, you're gonna end up hating those endlinks, the stockers will work better than the whitelines, Kartboy FTW!

I had the 22mm on my car and it's the best on the middle setting, on the stiffest setting the rear would come out too soon, maybe with star specs at auto x it might work.

Keith, you're gonna end up hating those endlinks, the stockers will work better than the whitelines, Kartboy FTW!

I had the 22mm on my car and it's the best on the middle setting, on the stiffest setting the rear would come out too soon, maybe with star specs at auto x it might work.
I've had them for a month now, love'em. Am excited to see what they will do on the auto-x course. We'll see what happens at my first event, 3/24

Hey Greg, if you're getting a RSB for the Si, the Progress rear sway is 22mm also I believe and it comes with reinforcement brackets if you order it from corsport. The weak link is not the stock endlinks on the 8th si, it is actually the frame mounting point. If you do get the whiteline I believe corsport sells the reinforcement brackets separately as well. I got the progress RSB and it's fantastic. $165 shipped w/brackets!

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

Hey Greg, if you're getting a RSB for the Si, the Progress rear sway is 22mm also I believe and it comes with reinforcement brackets if you order it from corsport. The weak link is not the stock endlinks on the 8th si, it is actually the frame mounting point. If you do get the whiteline I believe corsport sells the reinforcement brackets separately as well. I got the progress RSB and it's fantastic. $165 shipped w/brackets!

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg
The progress bar is great. Thats what I had when the Si was my autox/wanna b track car. I jusr didnt need one that much stiffer than stock.

E30, FA5

:ohsnap: I never had any issues with the progress bar messing with the mounting bracket. I had the bar for 4-5 years, 3-4 years with the Tein coilovers and 1 year on stock stuff.

Yeah, it wasn't common but it happened to more than a few people to the point that progress just started including the brackets with every bar for free, which was really awesome of them.

were those pics from erichpryde? I could be wrong, but I remember seeing similar pics. It's been a long time since I saw that thread

just had a dream that I ran the dragon with no pants on, lets hope that was just a dream...

Back