9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

that is/was a fun looking volvo for sure, glad your ok from that crash. i had a 1990 740, heavy and solid as a block of steel.

949 Racing 6UL's ftw. That's what I want for the Miata
The miata has smaller hubs than the bmw. They are both 4 x100 with the same offset, but you have to get the ones made for the car. If not its rings or getting the wheels bored.

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

I just meant a racing Volvo. I wish I had the time/resources/ability to race in a legit venue. Instead I autocross my slow Miata :thumbsdown:

The miata has smaller hubs than the bmw. They are both 4 x100 with the same offset, but you have to get the ones made for the car. If not its rings or getting the wheels bored.

E30, FA5

Ah I see. I would have a hard time getting a set of new wheels bored just to fit

I just meant a racing Volvo. I wish I had the time/resources/ability to race in a legit venue. Instead I autocross my slow Miata :thumbsdown:

Ah I see. I would have a hard time getting a set of new wheels bored just to fit
I havent even been able to autox the bmw.

I couldnt bore a new set of wheels either.

E30, FA5

What happened ETF??! :(

Our son, Eric, was racing the Volvo in the 1997 ARRC @ Road Atlanta. It was slippery (rain had stopped, track was drying). The race previous to his was run in the rain and a lot of cars had gone off in Turn 5 and dragged a lot of mud on the line as they were coming back on at the exit of the corner. He got up on the curbing coming out of 5 and the car snapped left into the inside wall, bounced up, brushing the trees and came to a rest back on the track facing traffic. He was hit head on by 2 cars that couldn’t avoid him. Miraculously, He wasn’t hurt.
As you can see from the pic, the right front wheel was pushed back against the firewall and the front of the engine was moved over against the brake booster. The amazing part was both of the doors would open normally. We were very thankful for the guy that designed and built the rollcage. Like Debo said: "Built like a block of steel!"

is that you driving it in the first pic?

Was that the Volvo you called the "Brick". I remember you bringing it up at past Dragon meets...

Now you know why ET will drive circles around you in his *insert any car came here*

:giggle:

From what I've seen, jrotax101 could drive circles around me!

-the older I get, the faster I was.
The three of you can definitely drive circles around me. You, Jill, and Robert.

The older I get, the more I wish I would have started learning to drive sooner.

From what I've seen, jrotax101 could drive circles around me!

-the older I get, the faster I was.
I wish I had the opportunity to do something with it. Perhaps I have a little more speed because I'm still young, but experience>all.
Maybe I can meet Eric one day.

Back