9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

i have a trek 4700 that i love to ride although, it's not built for road race. Looking for a decent road bike so i can enter a mini-triathlon some time soon. here in ptc there are road bikers allover the place and it looks like a good time. few mtn bike trails here are a challenge but, not to tuff.

Any specific reason why doing it the weekend after 8thcivic ?
shouldnt the 2 be on the same weekend great way to spread info/news and meet a ton of new people as well as have a much larger crowd show up.

i have a trek 4700 that i love to ride although, it's not built for road race. Looking for a decent road bike so i can enter a mini-triathlon some time soon. here in ptc there are road bikers allover the place and it looks like a good time. few mtn bike trails here are a challenge but, not to tuff.
I have an old Trek 6000, Ryan has a Schwinn Mesa GSX Aluminum, and Bailey has a 24" Gary Fisher. We had started riding at Dauset Trails, but then I got sick. I still haven't felt up to it yet, but hope to get back soon. I could probably do the easy trail, but it would be difficult.
It is on private property, and they keep it maintained by donations and volunteers.
http://www.dausettrails.com/trails.htm

Don't get me wrong i Fawking hate 8th and half the trolls on there but I'd want to go to meet the boosted R18's

I have the Si driving better again. Installing the RSB, and adding a little camber to the front made a big difference. The brake fluid was nasty, and took a while to bleed with my vacuum bleeder. I think my next purchase will be a pressure bleeder. Seems like it would be a lot less messy, and much faster. Brakes are good again too.

Hopefully we can make the N GA run soon. What do you think about the 14th, E.T.? I can't do the 21st, b/c it is my 15 year anniversary. It would have to be after the 21st, if not next week.

:meh::yeahthat:

I guess it just depends on what type of people/crowd you prefer to hang out/drive with.

Back in the day 8th Civic was awesome. I'm talking back in 2006 when I joined (then I went away when I bought my Subaru) then I came back in late 2007/early 2008 and it was awesome. Then it went to ****. :(

I would but im banned and way too lazy to reset my cookies etc and have to retype in everything for all the other websites.
:tumbleweed:

Any specific reason why doing it the weekend after 8thcivic ?
shouldnt the 2 be on the same weekend great way to spread info/news and meet a ton of new people as well as have a much larger crowd show up.
Because the sites are owned by two different owners who do not share the same views. This is the easiest way..

Gotcha. How bad was the 8th gen for AutoX ? thinking of taking my coupe there once i take the 1/4 tittle :giggle:

Gotcha. How bad was the 8th gen for AutoX ? thinking of taking my coupe there once i take the 1/4 tittle :giggle:
8th gen does well in autox. I have only autox'd mine once, but it did well. You just need some negative camber in the front, a RSB or just being stock isn't bad either. It just pushes when stock and won't let you get the back around.
I have only autox'd once and had to run with the novice class, but was only off the other 8th gens by a second or so. I only had HFP suspension, with a little negative camber in the front with stock sways.

8th gen does well in autox. I have only autox'd mine once, but it did well. You just need some negative camber in the front, a RSB or just being stock isn't bad either. It just pushes when stock and won't let you get the back around.
I have only autox'd once and had to run with the novice class, but was only off the other 8th gens by a second or so. I only had HFP suspension, with a little negative camber in the front with stock sways.

not bad i know the 4dr chasis has wayyyyy better weight distribution i believe its even 50/50 where the coupe is 60/40 i believe if not worse.

you realize the car is 1.8" difference in overall length between sedan/coupe (8th)? Weight distribution is not that different

Back