9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

My car is 2010 not 2009! Get your facts straight! There is a HUUUGGEEE difference between '09 and '10. My car is far superior to the '09 model :dopey:

No matter how you spin the delusions of grandeur concerning your car....it'll NEVER be Fiji Blue Pearl. :bleh: :rotfl: :bleh: :rotfl: :bleh: :rotfl:

not at all actually but i dont want to put all those miles on my car either. but knowing me i will end up going down and just spend the weekend down there or hell a week. :shrug: ill know once we get closer

:sadface: :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: WHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! W-E-A-K!!!!!!!! After my FG2 was destroyed, I bought my current FA5 from a former colleague of ours. It was a 2007 Si with 17,600 miles on it (this was in Aug of 2011), then I drove 26 hours from Minnetonka, Mn all the way back to Raleigh, Nc. Don't be crying about putting miles on the car. It's not like you're planning on driving Shelby Cobra #00000001 to the meet. :bleh:

Please know I'm just busting your chops about it. I don't REALLY think you're weak. I kid because I care. :bighug:

I know that you've never really met the crew of people going to the meet, but let me explain it like this: Even if the Dragon were one of the most boring roads in America (which it most certainly is not), the people you'd meet are so cool, friendly, welcoming, easy to get along with, down to Earth, and just plain likable.....that you'd be happy to drive 9 hours just to get to hang out with them all once a year. :thumbsup:

what Matt said. The Dragon isn't nearly as fun without the people that go from this forum.

:yeahthat:

All the OG's that show up to this meet year after year after year (I still feel like "the new kid") are one of the BEST groups of people that I've ever met, and I'm honored that they let me keep showing up (despite the fact that I pay my registration fee like everybody else :bleh:) :giggle:

:yeahthat:

All the OG's that show up to this meet year after year after year (I still feel like "the new kid") are one of the BEST groups of people that I've ever met, and I'm honored that they let me keep showing up (despite the fact that I pay my registration fee like everybody else :bleh:) :giggle:

Pretty much everyone who has attended over the years (except when after the Dbag clan took over 8th, and all these cliques popped up) has said it's the best meet to go to and usually have come back in subsequent years.

My first year was 8ccd III and I've been here ever since, even though I never had an 8th or 9th generation Civic.

Jill & I have attended many meets @ The Dragon, (MINIs & Hondas). I must say that this is the most refined group of comrades ever! We always have a great time. It doesn't matter what you're driving or if you have star specs and coilovers, its all about seeing great people having lots of fun. I have to get in on the extreme ping pong this year.

Jill & I have attended many meets @ The Dragon, (MINIs & Hondas). I must say that this is the most refined group of comrades ever! We always have a great time. It doesn't matter what you're driving or if you have star specs and coilovers, its all about seeing great people having lots of fun. I have to get in on the extreme ping pong this year.

I agree! awesome people at these meets :)

death_roll - you still going to be running the stock Dunlop tires from '11+ WRX's? Would you recommend them for me? I dont think my Nitto Invo's are going to make it. They seem to be wearing quicker than i thought.

death_roll - you still going to be running the stock Dunlop tires from '11+ WRX's? Would you recommend them for me? I dont think my Nitto Invo's are going to make it. They seem to be wearing quicker than i thought.

I have Michelin Pilot super sports now, they're better than the OEM dunlops on my car but the Dunlops are still good. They're ridiculously priced new though, so I'd recommend getting them slightly used from someone.

For a cheaper new tire the Conti DWS aren't bad.

I have Michelin Pilot super sports now, they're better than the OEM dunlops on my car but the Dunlops are still good. They're ridiculously priced new though, so I'd recommend getting them slightly used from someone.

For a cheaper new tire the Conti DWS aren't bad.

Yeah I'm going to look for a used pair of the Dunlops.

I'm going to get DWS's for my winter wheels.

I may be missing something,but when is this meet? I live less than 2 hours from there I just found out tonight at work from someone that knows some people in here and owns a 8th si sedan( Jason Butler). I'm thinking I would maybe drive up and meet a lot of you,but not sure i would stay because of work possibilities.sounds like a great time!

Thats some awesome news. nice post count with that one too. 666.
Guess I need to make another.
I am going an autox on the 8th to give the car a shakedown and of course myself one too.

Last edited:
Back