9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

Nah we've already booked for fri-sun. It'll b my second week of school.

Safe travels, I know I don't like making the dragon trip by myself, honestly I think taking I78 to I81 is much easier than if you would take I95, I hate that road.

Looks like no PDX for me. I have either a rear main seal leak or a front transmission. Looks like I will just have to stay at the Dragon longer in September.

Last edited:
Safe travels, I know I don't like making the dragon trip by myself, honestly I think taking I78 to I81 is much easier than if you would take I95, I hate that road.

Two years ago I drove down by myself. Last year my wife drove down with me and I dropped her off at her family's place in northern GA. She spent time with them while I was with you all.

Probably doing the same this year.

Might get down there earlier this year. Not sure yet. Trying to decide if we are going to leave Wednesday or Thursday.

I will have new goodies for the dragon :)

Won't be running the Nitto Invo's either. ;)

That's what I did my first year, and I agree. Of course, I live up that way.

Didn't you and I meet at the Macungie diner, then take 78 to 81 one year?

Yes and you almost left without me, I hate mornings. But that wasn't a bad drive at all, I think we stopped twice on the way down.

Two years ago I drove down by myself. Last year my wife drove down with me and I dropped her off at her family's place in northern GA. She spent time with them while I was with you all.

Probably doing the same this year.

Might get down there earlier this year. Not sure yet. Trying to decide if we are going to leave Wednesday or Thursday.

I will have new goodies for the dragon :)

Won't be running the Nitto Invo's either. ;)

Come down Wednesday, you can cruise down with all the cool kids and Nate.

I'll have some goodies as well :eyebrows: , all engine mods though, I didn't wanna do lots of suspension mods and run away even faster this year, I kept the suspension the same so I can compare apples to apples the OEM dunlops to the Michelin PSS.

What time on wednesday do you all like to try and get there? early afternoon-ish? Then go driving in the early evening?

Last edited:
Yes and you almost left without me, I hate mornings. But that wasn't a bad drive at all, I think we stopped twice on the way down.

I'm an early riser. :hiding:

What time on wednesday do you all like to try and get there? early afternoon-ish? Then go driving in the early evening?

I think we've typically arrived in the late afternoon while it's still light, but I'm usually pretty beat after 11-12 hours of driving. We do come in on the tail of the dragon to Fontana.

Try and get there by like 5ish in the afternoon but I am beat afterwards myself and relax at the lodge all night...

sent Jason a FB message for the paypal info. (if its posted someplace, F'it, I didn't see it)

I come from CT. I leave at 6 am, have multiple small stops with 3 quick sit downs to eat and usually arrive around 7-8 pm. (but I'm fresh still) I'm I-81's bttch (Harrisburg PA to Knoxville). I-78 just grinds me. But after a long drive, I roll in on the dragon :)

Last edited:
sent Jason a FB message for the paypal info. (if its posted someplace, F'it, I didn't see it)

I come from CT. I leave at 6 am, have multiple small stops with 3 quick sit downs to eat and usually arrive around 7-8 pm. (but I'm fresh still) I'm I-81's bttch (Harrisburg PA to Knoxville). I-78 just grinds me. But after a long drive, I roll in on the dragon :)

You're added

Back