ACUITY shift linkage bushings

Bushings came in and I installed them today. Only got to take a 5 min drive afterwards but I can feel a noticeable improvement.
2083d043ff1cb81f046af64a9ae1f381.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had mine in for a week now.. They feel a little better then the hr bushings. I did notice the hr bushings definetly have more play like hella jdm said.. The acuity bushings fit nice and snug because of the rubber rings.. I also noticed the hr spherical bearing was kind of seized. It still rotated but it had no side to side movement.. Maybe it got wet or something.. I still get that little notchiness but it does feel better.. I would think going from stock bushings to acuity bushings would feel a lot better..

Stock to acuity feels like a world of difference. I've had mine in for 2 days now and there is a positive improvement in shifter feel. I was actually kinda appalled at how loose the stock bushings were on a car that just crossed 30k miles. Money well spent, and I'd even consider getting a set for my 2010 civic if they fit to freshen it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received my ACUITY bushings on Friday :cheerleader:
Now I need mother nature to turn up the heat a little so that I can install them. I'm going to install my rear engine mount at the same time as well.
I can't wait!!
I will post up a review once I've installed the shifter bushings.
So far I have to say that Russ is great to deal with. I'm looking forward to seeing what else @acuity comes out with.
Looks like mother nature has finally decided to cooperate and spring is finally here (where I live anyway)
I installed my ACUITY shift linkage bushing yesterday. The first thing you notice when you are installing them is the high quality of the product. They are also very easy to install. The instructions are nice and clear and easy to understand.
With the ACUITY shift linkage bushings installed, the gear shift feels so much more solid now, much more precise and crisp. The ACUITY bushings lose all the slop in the shifter. I like them a lot and would highly recommend them to anyone that wants a better feel when changing gears.

Looks like mother nature has finally decided to cooperate and spring is finally here (where I live anyway)
I installed my ACUITY shift linkage bushing yesterday. The first thing you notice when you are installing them is the high quality of the product. They are also very easy to install. The instructions are nice and clear and easy to understand.
With the ACUITY shift linkage bushings installed, the gear shift feels so much more solid now, much more precise and crisp. The ACUITY bushings lose all the slop in the shifter. I like them a lot and would highly recommend them to anyone that wants a better feel when changing gears.
Awesome. Glad you like them!

Does anyone recommend a bit of lithium grease or some other type of lubrication within the spherical bearing?

Does anyone recommend a bit of lithium grease or some other type of lubrication within the spherical bearing?
The joint is self-lubricating by virtue of the materials used. Applying any kind of grease would likely only attract more road grime and grit from the road and increase the wear rate. We do not recommend use of any sort of lubricants, oils, grease or otherwise on our bushings. Hope that helps!

~Russ

Thanks much! Put a bit of wd40. It just felt right lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review! I'm looking into the bushings and short shifter as my next mods! Acuity products sound very promising!! :)

Back