DIY Add Fog Lights to 2012 LX

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
Not as difficult as it may seem.

Here is a useful PDF file about installing fog lights and I referred to it quite a bit for specific details.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2012/4dr/foglights.pdf

Step 1: Take off the bumper.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S45O8Lu9ao4&feature=player_embedded#t=0

Step 2: Find markings on inside of bumper. I used a White Out pen to trace lines so i could see them better. You need to cut between the two indicated lines, so I just put my white line between the two. There is also a circle outside of the lines which indicates where you will need to drill a hole.

fog1.jpg

Step 3: Cut your bumper. A Dremmel drill works really well for this step. I would suggest you wear protective eye glasses because I had a close call with some burning rubber flying off the drill and hitting just under my eyebrow leaving a nice burn mark.

fog2.jpg

*Note: I had not yet drilled the hole in this photo below.

fog3.jpg

Here is why you need to drill that hole. This screw opening has to fit through the hole.

fog4.jpg

Step 4: Screw the inner fog light black bracket to the painted outer cover.

fog5.jpg

fog6.jpg

Step 5: Screw fog light into place (1 self tapping screw). Make sure you have attached your spring nut onto the cover. See step #24 in the PDF file.

fog7.jpg

There ya go! :D:D:D

BEFORE
fog8.jpg

AFTER
fog9.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maybe a mod should move this DIY to the Lighting section. ??? These are "Accessories" to add, but they are not OEM Honda lights though.

Last edited:
im really wanting to do this to my lx also add the Modulo grill and lip at the same time but im still trying to acquire are the parts so far I have the fog lights and the surround for the bumper.

@Pauly99to17 Did you not have two black plastic thing on the front where they shouldve been before?? I thought they would just screw out in the back or something. You can see them in my avatar, they're the two black plastic pieces, they seem seperate from the bumper. Im thinking about going ahead and getting foglights but was just wondering if the sedans had those things as well, as I'm trying to avoid too much cutting/dremmel. Great DIY!

@Pauly99to17 Did you not have two black plastic thing on the front where they shouldve been before?? I thought they would just screw out in the back or something. You can see them in my avatar, they're the two black plastic pieces, they seem seperate from the bumper. Im thinking about going ahead and getting foglights but was just wondering if the sedans had those things as well, as I'm trying to avoid too much cutting/dremmel. Great DIY!

There's no cutting involved what-so-ever on a coupe. Pop the black plastic cover off and install your fog lights. DX/LX sedans do not come with fog light cutouts which is why cutting the bumper is required. EX sedans already have the cutouts done.

@Pauly99to17 hi bro if you can tell me a place to buy this item online
Honda Part No.: 08V38-TR0-170
Cover, Foglight *NH737M* (POLISHED METAL METALLIC)

I Have HONDA CIVIC 2012 SEDAN LX.

Hey do I need to buy the fog kight bracket even if i dont want to install the fog lights.
Please explain what you mean. What do you mean you don’t want to install the fog lights? You’re posting in a thread on how to install fog lights...?

Back