DIY ADExternal's Auto to Manual shift boot conversion DIY

On the outside it looks the same. Not sure if the mounting is though.

2012%20Honda%20Civic%20Si%20Sedan%20Interior%20Manual%20Transmission.jpg
2013-Honda-Civic-gear-shift-knob.jpg

[qu ote="ADExternal, post: 275483, member: 57101"]On the outside it looks the same. Not sure if the mounting is though.

2012%20Honda%20Civic%20Si%20Sedan%20Interior%20Manual%20Transmission.jpg
2013-Honda-Civic-gear-shift-knob.jpg
[/quote]nks hopefully Jeff can chime in and confirm all this.

Hey you have pics. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the tray. Are you talking the shifter console piece
The tray is different between auto and manual for the 13's. How? The shape and size? Elaborate please

I'm have no say/idea or anything about coupes. I'm just covering the 2013 sedan because that is what I have. When i say "tray"; it's what's missing in this photo lol.
20140316_122106_zpsbe1e1fe5.jpg

I believe ADExternal is able to swap out his tray from his auto console to the manual console. However, this is not the case with 2013 Sedans. hat is why I have that gaping hole in there. My tray should come in tomorrow. The automatic console tray won't fit in the manual console because of the mounting points. I tried to dremel it down, but i ended up nowhere with a perfect fit so i threw it away.

NOTE: I saved the auxiliary and poweroutlet socket ports and caps because you'll need to transfer that to the new tray. I don't think the new tray will have it so you'll need to transfer them. It's all clips/hooks.

@Jeffuhnator
I like the look. What a difference.
How does the shifter work now? Before it had a button to push in before you could take it out of Park. Do you have to push the shifter down or is it only necessary to put your foot on the brake and then you can shift?

I'm have no say/idea or anything about coupes. I'm just covering the 2013 sedan because that is what I have. When i say "tray"; it's what's missing in this photo lol.
20140316_122106_zpsbe1e1fe5.jpg

I believe ADExternal is able to swap out his tray from his auto console to the manual console. However, this is not the case with 2013 Sedans. hat is why I have that gaping hole in there. My tray should come in tomorrow. The automatic console tray won't fit in the manual console because of the mounting points. I tried to dremel it down, but i ended up nowhere with a perfect fit so i threw it away.

NOTE: I saved the auxiliary and poweroutlet socket ports and caps because you'll need to transfer that to the new tray. I don't think the new tray will have it so you'll need to transfer them. It's all clips/hooks.
Nice that's what I wanted to know. So in total how much did it cost u. And do you have to dremel the plastic to be able to fit the shifter console on. Like the op needed too.

Sorry it's a long and lame video. but hope it's useful.

Thanks for taking the time to make this video. Very useful. I really like the look and am considering doing this. The only thing that would bother me is the the knob is not attached. Will you be able to attach it? Also, it seemed a little loud each time you pushed it down to shift, but maybe that was just the high sensitivity of the camera microphone making it seem louder than it really is. ?

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to make this video. Very useful. I really like the look and am considering doing this. The only thing that would bother me is the the knob is not attached. Will you be able to attach it? Also, it seemed a little loud each time you pushed it down to shift, but maybe that was just the high sensitivity of the camera microphone making it seem louder than it really is. ?
It's the sensitivity of the microphone. It's only loud because the threading inside the shiftknob is hitting the metal shift shaft, you can always stick something to cover the threading like a piece of rolled up paper and put it in the hole and it should clear up the sound. It doesn't bother me though. Compare me pushing the shaft with and without the knob.

And note: I forgot that I took off the collar on the shiftboot, if i could do it again, i would leave it on. you just have to dremel the inside diameter to make it fit the shift shaft. I suggest you still use a spring. so it does not sag.
http://image.intellichoice.com/f/43720709/Instrument+Panel+640

Hey @Pauly99to17, it's been a while, but I changed the shift knob for THIS
It has MOMO ITALY on the top, you can see it picture. They have silver and black versions. However, I'm going to repaint it and color match it to my car.

Back