ADExternal's PMM Civic aka Orianna

Thank you Paul so much for the encouragement. I will try it again, have ordered the JAE Pins again and will wait for them to come.
JC Menon
No problem. I remember the frustration very well. I also remember the excitement when it finally worked. The part in the DIY that didn't work for me was that some people were saying those pins were "clicking" into place. Mine were not doing that no matter how many times I tried. Like I said before, I had to get those pins deep enough into the slot. I remember I cut off little tabs on those pins to make it smaller. I think I also pinched the pins with pliers to make them skinnier so they would slip down farther. I also had a very small skinny tool to push the pins farther in.

Would anyone be interested in pics/outline of my subwoofer upgrade? I'd take more pictures if that were the case when I do it this weekend.

nodding.gif

No problem. I remember the frustration very well. I also remember the excitement when it finally worked. The part in the DIY that didn't work for me was that some people were saying those pins were "clicking" into place. Mine were not doing that no matter how many times I tried. Like I said before, I had to get those pins deep enough into the slot. I remember I cut off little tabs on those pins to make it smaller. I think I also pinched the pins with pliers to make them skinnier so they would slip down farther. I also had a very small skinny tool to push the pins farther in.

I just wanted to share the joy of finally succeeding in the DIY for Rear view camera and outside temperature sensor. Thank you so much for all the effort and the precious words of encouragement. I was about to give up but your encouragement led me to the finishing of the DIY.

Neither are easy mods so don't be discouraged. It takes time and patience, the feeling once you completed it is priceless. You can do what Paul mentioned and work your way back checking each connection. I'm still in rehabilitation since my nervous cord injury but I'm still about to check the forums on my phone.

Thank you so much, Just wanted to share the joy of completing the DIY for rear view camera and outside temperature. Thanks for all the effort that you put in. It is a commendable effort from your end. Hope you are feeling better and again wish you a speedy recovery.

Reactions: 323
I just wanted to share the joy of finally succeeding in the DIY for Rear view camera and outside temperature sensor. Thank you so much for all the effort and the precious words of encouragement. I was about to give up but your encouragement led me to the finishing of the DIY.
So, was it that the pins were not inserted far enough?

Jelly. What Alpine amp did you go with. Can I have the specs of your system? I'm looking to change mine soon. Thanks.

Ive heard a lot of good things about the rockford 3sixty as far as ironing out factory equalization and also fine tuning. I watched the video where they tuned steve meade's ISF using mics and a laptop and was amazed. Your video also sounded really good. You setting a front stage or going for surround?

Ive heard a lot of good things about the rockford 3sixty as far as ironing out factory equalization and also fine tuning. I watched the video where they tuned steve meade's ISF using mics and a laptop and was amazed. Your video also sounded really good. You setting a front stage or going for surround?

I have it set at surround, it sounds front/a bit more boomy cause the sub is sitting in the passenger side at the moment. There were a lot of different line drivers but like you I heard a lot of good things about Rockfords/ 3sixty as well. Diffnentyly vouch for them after finish setting up. I havent fine tuned the system yet. But Im currely set at 5/8 gain on the line driver giving me a .55v on ea RCA and at 3/8 gain on the amp giving me 27.7v. Since the sub only has a 200rms @4ohms, gives me 28.21v sensitivity I gave the extra 0.5v on the amp for HU eq.

Yeah def leave a little bit of a gap for the factory equalization. Even if barely there it tends to spike at certain tones. You're sending half a volt signal to your amp?

Yeah def leave a little bit of a gap for the factory equalization. Even if barely there it tends to spike at certain tones. You're sending half a volt signal to your amp?

Yep, surprisingly the 0.5v to the amp is all it needs (amp input sensitivity @ 0.15 - 4.0v), I tested at 7/8 gain on the line driver that gave me 2.6v and on the amp, at 1/16 gain gave me the 27.7v but I though it would be best to distribute the gains throughout both devices. This also shows that the output on the preamp is extremely low because I should be getting 10-11v out easy at 7/8 gain on the line driver but im not.

Every line driver is different amd yeah I would balance the gains out within reason. You dont want too weak of a signal going to your amp that when the amp amplifies it you create noise as well. Just shocks me your sending it half a volt and at 3/8 gain and getting any volume lol. The signal from the head must be really weak. Most aftermarket heads send 2 volts, sometimes even 5.

Every line driver is different amd yeah I would balance the gains out within reason. You dont want too weak of a signal going to your amp that when the amp amplifies it you create noise as well. Just shocks me your sending it half a volt and at 3/8 gain and getting any volume lol. The signal from the head must be really weak. Most aftermarket heads send 2 volts, sometimes even 5.

Yea, at first I thought my multimeter was broken when I could get even .1v from the preamp. I went higher gain on the 3sixty since it does a much better job of eliminating system noise than the alpine. What do you think overall bulky? Should I have changed out the HU or is a doable method. I spent 400$ for everything including wires and mounting stuff.

For $400 I think you did a great job. Id say stick with the way it is and given it some time. Thats the only way you will know if its good enough or not. Car audio can be as big of a money pit as you allow. So get to a point you can be satisfied with and dont worry about if it could be better lol (personal experience).

Back