Anyone here a beer advocate?

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Stealing this thread title from 8th lol

As of the last few years, I've gotten really big into craft beers, almost to the point that they are all that I drink. This is both good and a bad thing, as they are not as easy to come, and are pricy, but they are downright delicious.

They are no comparison to the mass produced domestic beers that the majority of Americans are used to drinking. I laugh when I hear people say they do not like beer, when the only beer they've ever tried are bud or miller lite. Granted, those beers serve their purpose. But I, and I suspect most others can't say they've ever drank any of them for their taste :giggle:

Share some of your favorite beers or anything new that you've tried.

Also, I recently downloaded the social drinking app Untapped and it's pretty cool. I really like being able to keep track of some of the rarer beers I may try, so as to not forget about them down the road. If anyone has or gets this app add me, I'm Heelsandeers.

Last edited:
I drink beer casually now. My highschool/college days are over. Lol. I like to drink a lot of Killians bc a pack of 24 is very cheap at Costco. :giggle: I prefer dark beer.

Corona is my beer of choice, but I installed cabinets for an air force guy and he gave me one of these from germany.
It was great!!, and they do sell them here in the U.S.

F2D88815-19D0-49F3-868D-001C17CC172B-2738-000003BC111B24E6_zpsb64b008e.jpg

I visited a Yardhouse in Golden, Colorado last week. I've never seen so many different beers on tap in one place.

http://www.yardhouse.com/default.aspx

Drank 6 different beers while there.

Colorado is one of the US meccas for craft beer. I can only imagine what a place like that would be like.

The main place I go to around here only has about 10-15 different craft beers on tap but they are always changing so it's not bad. I still get to try a good variety of beers. They also have some of the most amazing burgers I've ever had, so it's a win win regardless of the beer.

Last edited:
Corona is my beer of choice, but I installed cabinets for an air force guy and he gave me one of these from germany.
It was great!!, and they do sell them here in the U.S.

Can't say I've ever tried it. There are some very delicious German beers though. It's one of the regions I'd like to try more from.

Last edited:
Just noticed your from PA. You're probably familiar.

I guess it's not technically local for me, since the brewery is all the way out by Philly. But they're distributed so widely in western PA it's like they are local.

I always keep some Victory in stock. I have a sixer of Hop Devil and some Swing Saison in the fridge right now. I like their Summer Love as well but I haven't seen it in a while. It's my go to draft beer to drink at Pirates games also. Only $8 for a pint (same price as a 16 oz bud light can).

I imagine it's VERY fresh on tap in Philly.

I like ale and stouts, but there's some interesting facts here to learn about the differences between beer/ale/lager/ and stouts.
http://www.secondcitysoiree.com/index/2010/7/2/beer-ale-vs-lager-vs-stout-vs-pilsner-vs.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stout

I believe all beers at their most basic classification can either be considered either an ale or a lager.

I always enjoy reading and learning about different types of beer.

I mainly drink IPAs, pale Ales, and Belgium strong ales.

My favorites are porters. Colorado did have some pretty good beers but my favorite place to go for beers is ashville north carolina. Green man brewery is amazing.

Back