BEWARE: Mugen Carbon fiber 6-speed shift knob

that's fine. look at the knob bro. it's pretty clear it isn't faux cf haha

If I recall correctly, the previous posts about it said that it was most likely fake, but a decent/high quality fake. I do not recall anyone ever saying it was the real thing.

Not sure where you are seeing someone say the CF is fake, though. If it is the following quote, I took it as the knob itself is fake. Not the CF.
The 'carbon fiber layer' is moving and spins freely from the actual knob even though the knob itself is installed properly. It's fake.

If you are concerned about vouching for the seller, andre12dbsi clarified that one for you:

I have the same shift knob. In my case, AP vouched for the seller (i.e Canadian, no customs fees, fast and cheap shipping) not necessarily the knob. He never told me that he was 100% sure it was authentic.

Fair enough. But the comment "Easy on the coffee..." may have been a joke on your part, but I didn't read it that way.
Agree....we all want things to be civil.

Easy on the coffee was in relation to the four quick frantic posts in succession. Kind of a joke. Kind of a "slow/calm down a moment and gather your thoughts before your comments begin to be nothing but defensive backlashing."

are you serious right now? If you think it's faux cf, it's pretty easy to tell. Skrub had the same problem like 7 months ago. He email the seller, and got a replacement. i like how you can assign blame tho :)

faux carbon? really? i'm going to ******* split mine open just to show you the carbon weave. it's pretty ******** obvious... just saying lol

Slow is only saying that he got it where you got it. He's not blaming you. You clearly didn't make the shift knob. Lol.

Isn't this a happy place this morning.

I think this all stems from the one line post saying that AP had vouched for the seller. That was missing context and I can see how that could have been taken the wrong way.

I think we can all agree that the seller is a good seller, the knob may or may not (likely not) be genuine, AP may or may not have burnt up a few keys on his computer this morning, and Pauly still has awesome blue mats in his car.

Isn't this a happy place this morning.

I think this all stems from the one line post saying that AP had vouched for the seller. That was missing context and I can see how that could have been taken the wrong way.

I think we can all agree that the seller is a good seller, the knob may or may not (likely not) be genuine, AP may or may not have burnt up a few keys on his computer this morning, and Pauly still has awesome blue mats in his car.

plus i woke up to this thread lol and from my sleepy eye, seemed as though i was being accused.. that's all.

I vouched for the seller on 8thcivic's facebook page. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, not AP, not the seller, not JHP, not kingmotorsports, not china, not mugen lmao I'm just warning people to be cautious when buying this knob!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back