BMW M3 Track Car

2011-08-20135922.jpg

I put the prius to good use! It took 4 tires, and 4 boxed wheels like a champ!

So I pulled my Bosch Euro headlights out, removed the angel eyes, removed the HID's, cleaned both sets of lenses and put them back together with new halogen bulbs. Silverstar Ultra in the high beam and Osram Nightbreakers in the low beams. Love the new look; much more sophisticated. Too many other cars with angel eyes; too many kids ruining them.

I took the car over to a friends house to use his lift and changed my tranny fluid and diff fluid. RedLine D4 ATF and 75w140 respectively.

I picked up an odyssey pc680, russ-wiles box and battery tender to finally remove the huge battery that currently resides in the trunk. 60lbs ish

Couple of pics:
2011-08-23142412.jpg

2011-08-21155018.jpg

2011-08-21155007.jpg

Got some old slicks mounted up on my ARC8's to burn them off at Roebling Rd next month before putting some new rubber on :D The 'kooks are not the optimal size but I had them laying around from my civic.

2011-08-20141826.jpg

pic in previous post too

I was eating corn on the cob. Found this thread and saw he'd removed the halos (angel eyes) after I told him I didn't like the idea of him removing them..So I threw the wet and empty corn cob at him. Then kept trying to smudge it on his face :rotfl:

Play nice you two! lol

Now you need some "smoked" out turn signals.

Is the lift bolted down? or am I just not seeing the bolts on the plates? I'm guessing 10ft ceiling in the garage?

I was wondering about the lift too. I tried zooming way in, and I see no bolts ...idk

No idea about the lift. I wasn't there or I woulda kicked his butt for removing the Angel Eyes

No smoked corners. Clears front and rear. Smoked is just as corny as angel eyes IMO.

No bolts on the lift. As it's a 4post the weight distribution is fine. 2post needs to be bolted though.

Rode my bike down to the fabricator to pick it up ( not far away, only ~10 miles)
Thankfully the bike still fit in the back
gotta clean it up and then prep/paint it but hopefully this will make the rear shock towers almost bullet proof.
2011-08-31113533.jpg

2011-08-31120934.jpg

2011-08-31120944.jpg

2011-08-31120951.jpg

Time to up the spring rate :)

ultimate goal of not having paper thin shock towers punch through

http://users.imagine.ie/garrykeogh/Tower_Removed.jpg - this is damper only in that location. I run a coilover instead of a bucket spring setup... preventative, really.
77628-DSC01049

so the rear shock tower doesnt support all of the vehicle's weight in a stock setup, now you had all the weight of the rearend on fragile towers? I might be looking for a e36 m3 in the future if I dont get an s2k

Back