Camber kit needed?

A drop/camber can depend on the car too. My car's stock tires had pretty bad camber wear on stock suspension and stock camber arms. Lool.

Cant really say because it also base on your road conditions and your driving habits as well as your weather. But no matter, lowering your car on stock struts will wear them prematurely.

It also depends how much the drop is or how much the spring rates are. High spring rate springs, like Neuspeeds with over 500lb/in rear, will blow out stock struts in around a month. Lol.

Oh god I feel like such a noob. ;facepalm
Thank you for asking all these questions.....I, and many others, have already asked many questions about springs before you so don't feel like a noob.

I still haven't made a move yet and it's been over a year I've been reading about them. You are right that it is confusing for someone who has never lowered a car before. We just want to get rid of the wheel gap and we're thinking okay I'll just get some some lowering springs but then all these other factors pop up: cutting bump stops, adding camber arms, adding camber bolts, changing struts, etc. ................ I really don't understand why companies don't just sell everything we need in a kit. ???

Thank you for asking all these questions.....I, and many others, have already asked many questions about springs before you so don't feel like a noob.

I still haven't made a move yet and it's been over a year I've been reading about them. You are right that it is confusing for someone who has never lowered a car before. We just want to get rid of the wheel gap and we're thinking okay I'll just get some some lowering springs but then all these other factors pop up: cutting bump stops, adding camber arms, adding camber bolts, changing struts, etc. ................ I really don't understand why companies don't just sell everything we need in a kit. ???

^^this.
But I've had a 97 Prelude slammed on coils and feel like its so much easier to just buy coils but when the money isn't available, springs are the way to go. I didn't think it would be so complicated though. :pout:

If you think this is complicating, doing proper wheel fitment is worse... many people including veteran modders dont even know how to properly choose rims. Just because it fit doesnt mean its proper. Then they think, if its works it works.... in my head, I give it X amount of years until it doesnt. So lowering your car is just a fraction when it comes to suspension modding. Which is why the saying goes, do it right the first time or dont do it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think this is complicating, doing proper wheel fitment is worse... many people including veteran modders dont even know how to properly choose rims. Just because it fit doesnt mean its proper. Then they think, if its works it works.... in my head, I give it X amount of years until it doesnt. So lowering your car is just a fraction when it comes to suspension modding. Which is why the saying goes, do it right the first time or dont do it at all.

I agree with that as well. What do you think is doing it right?

Back