Car died on the side of the road. Let's guess what's wrong

silversilvia

6200 miles. 2013 civic si.

Going 35 mph heard rumble. Looked down check engine light blinking. Imid says check emission, check engine, car stumbles and dies and won't restart. Car is stock with axle back exhaust. Engine temp is fine and car has oil.

Any known problems that would cause this?

Waiting for tow at the moment. Just kinda wondering and see if there is a specific glaring problem these cars have.

I know theres a fuse that will cause that exact thing to happen. But if thats the case I wonder why it blew.

Where are Si's assembled?
Answered my own question.
It just seems to me that the Si's have more engine problems, but according to this info the same ppl are doing the work.

Civic Coupe and Civic Si models are solely produced and assembled at the Honda of Canada Manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Civic Sedan models are primarily produced and assembled at the Honda of America Manufacturing plant in East Liberty, Ohio. Civic Sedans are also produced and assembled at Honda of Canada Manufacturing in Alliston, Ontario. Some Civic Sedans and all Civic Hybrid models are produced and assembled in the Honda Motor Co., Ltd., Suzuka, Japan, manufacturing facility.
In addition, a press release from Honda back in the 4th quarter of 2005 suggested UK built Civics could also be imported.
To find out where a specific Civic is built, check the first characters of the VIN:
- J = Japan
- SA-SM = UK
- 1,4,5 = US
- 2 = Canada

Sounds like the same problem others have had with the locker pin for the vtec system. They also had 0 compression in cyl 4.

Webby linked one earlier. If you read the pics of the paperwork it says compression test failed on cyl 4.

Read a 11 page thread over on another forum. Sounds like a bunch of people are having this problem. I was planning to trade it in next June and hope it doesn't happen again between now and then.

No official diagnostic yet. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer.

Back