DIY Clutch Delay valve Removal

cd4.jpg

so basically you throw away those to things that have the red arrow?

Hello I just bought a 2013 Civic si and when shifting hard into 2nd instead of buring through 2nd or chirping I get a little delay sort of like a clutch slip I think it is my clutch delay valve I know ppl on here have done it but I have some questions

1) will it affect my everyday driving ?

2) will it harm the car even over a long period of time ?

3) how are you experiences with it took off ??

Thanks everyone !!

Hello I just bought a 2013 Civic si and when shifting hard into 2nd instead of buring through 2nd or chirping I get a little delay sort of like a clutch slip I think it is my clutch delay valve I know ppl on here have done it but I have some questions

Thanks everyone !!
merged your thread with the diy so users who've done the diy can see it easier

Thanks everyone !!

Depends how you drive...
No.
getting the c-clip/ring out is a giant pain in the arse.

Reactions: Nix
I had good luck with getting the circlip out once I grabbed a jeweler's screwdriver. And it didn't go flying like I thought it would when it came out.

How

How do I do that?
I've already done it for you. If you scroll back to the beginning of the thread, you will see the full DIY. Users who've done the diy can respond easily in this thread.

Hey guys do the 2012 civic si have a cdv because I own a 2013 ,and my friend owns a 2012 and he says he can burn through second and a little in third bone stock can this be possible I can only burn a little ways in second ???? Thanks guys

Doing this tomorrow i really hope it does not turn out to be a huge pain in the a$$

Back