Dar-Dar's Fiji Blue 2007 Civic Si

I ain't got money t make a quick build. :youmad:

I'll do the TB coolant delete when it gets warmer. Yeah, I'm not calling it a bypass. Lol. :turbobananapoke:

I'm changing the intake around so I can have easier access to the battery.

nice build thread dar! i miss my fg2 from time to time, especially seeing how clean yours is!
Thanks man. It would be tough for me to get rid of my ride. lol. If I do get another car, I'll be holding on to my fiji.

That crazy guy. Lol.

I bought this to delete the TB coolant connections. No coolant bypass!
$(KGrHqF,!k0E1FuSQV8BBNb8,50!LQ~~_12.JPG

It's snowing outside so I have time to work on my custom intake. I did so many revisions. Lol. Now I will be able to keep the battery on top, but I'll have to slide the battery a bit to the left a bit so the intake can go underneath the driver side fender. I got something for that at least. If the battery relocation doesn't work on that position, I'll just have to move it down in front of the transmission. The way the intake is made makes the removal of the battery with ease. I don't really like how some intakes just go over the battery and blocks it.
IMG_0191.JPGIMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG

I shall call it "The Snake". Or is that too cheesy? Lool. But it does look like a snake in person. Pretty scary.

I'll just need to cut that 12" pipe that I have so I can attach the intake filter. Also, I decided to use a silicone coupler to cover up the stock MAF bc I drilled holes on it for the vacuum connections. Now I decided to put the vacuum connection somewhere else. It also makes the intake look like silicone all the way through and it will insulate the air throughout. If the holes on the MAF distort the air flow, I'll spot putty it to smooth it out. The off-colored coupler that you see in the pictures will be changed to a different silicone to match the color of the whole system. I'll be painting my t-bolt clamps gloss black so the intake will look like a solid color.

Once I get FP again, I'll change out the MAF housing with a 3.5" sized one then I'll see the real potential of this intake.

This may look similar to Hybrid Racing's new CAI, but I don't think it's copying it at all. HR makes great quality products, but mine is more ambitious and unique since it's the only one made and one person designed it. I also designed it for a non-flashed or flashed engine and so that the battery will not be blocked. HR also has the air-bypass which I think is great for rainy conditioned areas and this one doesn't.

This intake will probably work great for the 2012+ Si's, but I won't make this intake for anyone because I don't want to be held accountable if people end up getting problems and such.

Last edited:
It's snowing outside so I have time to work on my custom intake. I did so many revisions. Lol. Now I will be able to keep the battery on top, but I'll have to slide the battery a bit to the left a bit so the intake can go underneath the driver side fender. I got something for that at least. If the battery relocation doesn't work on that position, I'll just have to move it down in front of the transmission. The way the intake is made makes the removal of the battery with ease. I don't really like how some intakes just go over the battery and blocks it.
View attachment 12870View attachment 12871
View attachment 12872

I shall call it "The Snake". Or is that too cheesy? Lool. But it does look like a snake in person.

I'll just need to cut that 12" pipe that I have so I can attach the intake filter. Also, I decided to use a silicone coupler to cover up the stock MAF bc I drilled holes on it. It also makes the intake look like silicone all the way through and it will insulate the air throughout. If the holes on the MAF distort the air flow, I'll spot putty it to smooth it out. The off-colored coupler that you see in the pictures will be changed to a different silicone to match the color of the whole system. I'll be painting my t-bolt clamps gloss black so the intake will look like a solid color.

Once I get FP again, I'll change out the MAF housing with a 3.5" sized one then I'll see the real potential of this intake.

This may look similar to Hybrid Racing's new CAI, but I don't think it's copying it at all. HR makes great quality products, but mine is more ambitious and unique since it's the only one made and one person designed it. I also designed it for a non-flashed or flashed engine and so that the battery will not be blocked. HR also has the air-bypass which I think is great for rainy conditioned areas and this one doesn't.

This intake will probably work great for the 2012+ Si's, but I won't make this intake for anyone because I don't want to be held accountable if people end up getting problems and such.

Wow Dar, looks great! Did a double take on the "what did you do to your car today" thread because I remembered you saying you weren't getting the HR intake on their thread. Then I noticed it looked different lol, it'll be nice having your battery on top, it's a ***** string that thing outta a relocate tray. Had to jump my car with a Rick Spec'd on cause I left the dome light on, wasn't as fun, especially in the rain...

But since I'm not ambitious like you, I bought the HR one lol, could neve get the CAI extension of my Rick Spec'd to fit so I got fed up and am selling it.

Wow Dar, looks great! Did a double take on the "what did you do to your car today" thread because I remembered you saying you weren't getting the HR intake on their thread. Then I noticed it looked different lol, it'll be nice having your battery on top, it's a ***** string that thing outta a relocate tray. Had to jump my car with a Rick Spec'd on cause I left the dome light on, wasn't as fun, especially in the rain...

But since I'm not ambitious like you, I bought the HR one lol, could neve get the CAI extension of my Rick Spec'd to fit so I got fed up and am selling it.
Thanks dude. Yeah, I said I wasn't getting the HR CAI bc I was already working on this CAI during their R&D process. Haha. I was planning on making an intake that would go straight through, similar to HR's, but I didn't like the idea of moving the battery underneath the engine bay. Lol. Jumping the car with the Rick Spec'd or HR is soo annoying. Lol.

When I had the Rick Spec'd installed, my 6 year old battery kept dying during the freezing cold weather. :rotfl: That was so annoying. When I get this intake installed, I wouldn't have to worry about reaching all the way down to get a jump or to disconnect the battery.

Congrats on the HR purchase. When are you getting it? Are you on the 1st or 2nd batch, Chris35?

Last edited:
Thanks dude. Yeah, I said I wasn't getting the HR CAI bc I was already working on this CAI during their R&D process. Haha. I was planning on making an intake that would go straight through, similar to HR's, but I didn't like the idea of moving the battery underneath the engine bay. Lol. Jumping the car with the Rick Spec'd or HR is soo annoying. Lol.

When I had the Rick Spec'd installed, my 6 year old battery kept dying during the freezing cold weather. :rotfl: That was so annoying. When I get this intake installed, I wouldn't have to worry about reaching all the way down to get a jump or to disconnect the battery.

Congrats on the HR purchase. When are you getting it? Are you on the 1st or 2nd batch, Chris35?

I'm second batch, I don't need it until April so I decided to wait for a later visa billing period haha. Got it through Vit with the tune deal, makes it so I'm not really losing any money making the switch.

I'm second batch, I don't need it until April so I decided to wait for a later visa billing period haha. Got it through Vit with the tune deal, makes it so I'm not really losing any money making the switch.
Yeah, that combo is a much better deal. Plus, you can never go wrong with a Vittune.

If it's nice tomorrow, I'll paint the t-bolt clamps and buy the hardware needed to move the battery bracket. I'll also need to cut the 12" pipe shorter for the intake/intake filter connection. I'll try to install it by Monday. I'm still waiting for another silicone coupler that would replace the off-colored one.

Back