DIY DIY Bride door inserts

Yeah man these plastics scratch real easy. Should try it. I remember seeing a lot of the 8thgens doing this to their cars so I figure I try it out and I think it looks pretty good.
looks pretty easy too. but is there a way to get past those clips without breaking them?

Would love to do this, but taking the door apart is a little scary and material choice would be so important. IE. Needs to be tough, stain resistant and the right shade of blue. :D

Would love to do this, but taking the door apart is a little scary and material choice would be so important. IE. Needs to be tough, stain resistant and the right shade of blue. :D
Yeah at first I was real hesitant at trying this but all the damage I've done to my car I was like I minus well not stop here lol

im gonna start looking for the material i want now and do this when i run the lights in my speaker housing ;)

Yup. Did this 8 months or so after I bought my car. The cheap plastic had to go and I don't regret it one bit. It's one of the smallest, cheapest mods that has the most impact.

Great job on the DIY. I'm glad someone took the time to do a write up.

You can epoxy the tabs back on or I used small lathe screws. If you do us the screws be very careful. There's not much material there and you need to put them in by hand to ensure they don't go through the other side. I did it this way because I will probably need to go back in and change the material again. I used green which is not appealing to a large number of people. This way with the screws I won't keep destroying the plastic.

Gotta add this to my kist of things to do when I get money, lol. Admitedly ive thought about doing some stickerbomb accents in different places on the interior.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I did this in my 6th gen. Get a plastic welder that's how there actually attached from factory I did glue but it didn't hold up so after awhile I got a plastic welder and made it like stock again.

I would suggest headliner spray adhesive, I have done over 15 8th gens including mine and my friend's. I have used every kind of 3m spray adhesive and none of them hold well over time besides the headliner spray adhesive which is specially made to hold up to the heat. Here is a picture of my old r18 (the entire interior was done by me) and also the blue set I did for my friend, including door panels, center armrest and shift boot.

Picture.jpg

S5001755.jpg

S5001761.jpg

@Nomar06 - I think he used a spray glue used for fabrics on his.

Yup, I just use the 3M spray....I believe the 77.

On the 8thGen it held up just fine for 5-6 years and holding on just fine on the 9thGen for 1.5 years.

Back